Re: [ICG-D] Interesting article on Con Jose

  • mscip@inreach.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2002
      > From: "corwyn1" <corwyn@...>
      >
      > The feature picture is of Bruce and Dana.
      >
      > http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/09.05.02/conjose1-0236.html

      Thanks for the URL. Don't forget to read the link article. It's also about
      ConJose. The two articles were reasonable, I suppose. The URL article that you
      provided referred to "fanatics" a bit more than I liked. The linked article
      kept referring to "geeks." I would have liked to have seen better editing by
      the copy editors to limit the overuse of those words.

      Otherwise, they were decent articles and gave a mundane's fair view of a
      convention.

    • juliezetterbergsardo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2002
        --- In ICG-D@y..., mscip@i... wrote:
        > > From: "corwyn1" <corwyn@k...>
        > >
        > > The feature picture is of Bruce and Dana.
        > >
        > > http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/09.05.02/conjose1-
        0236.html

        Nice article. I may share it with non-fannish friends and cow-orkers
        who ask every year what it is that we do at that big sci-fi
        conference.

        And, in case you didn't know: yes, that is a picture of Bruce and
        Dana, but no, they are not wearing their costumes from the Best in
        Show presentation.

        --Julie ZS