Re: [ICG-D] Good writer (and artist) judges

  • Alix Jordan
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2000
      Dear Pierre and Sandy:

      >Well, as long as we're naming names:
      >Poul Anderson (married to one costumer, father of another)
      >Greg Bear (husband of above named daughter)
      >Larry Niven
      >Barbara Hambly
      >Robert Sawyer
      >David Cherry
      >Kelly Freas
      >Laura Brodian Freas
      >Michael Whelan
      >Don Maitz
      >Janny Wurts

      Add Bertie McAvoy to the list. And Vic Milan makes one great MC.

      Peace
      Alixandra
      eddana@...
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 7, 2000
        Sometimes this works even better when you have a good GoH judge. C.J.
        Cherryh, who was guest of honor at Bucconeer, was one of the Masquerade
        judges. There was an entry that was an excellent Pyanfar Chanur. We
        wanted to give it an award, but couldn't think what to call it. Finally,
        we asked C.J. if the entrant had captured the essence of the character, and
        she said yes, so it got a special GoH award.

        Sandy