Costume-Con 21 info

  • J.A.Kelley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2002
      Janice Dallas said:

      >I'm wondering what's happening with the next Costume-Con in Chicago. We
      >haven't had any response to the check we mailed in, the web-site isn't
      >up-to-date, cc21 chat on Yahoo hasn't had anything for about a year. I
      >did find out about the Future Fashion Folio on Cat's website, but the
      >website came up overwritten, sort of, and was hard to read. Apparently
      >designs are due in by September. Anyone else heard, seen anything?
      >Have there been any mailings to the Chapters, in general?

      The website is as up-to-date as possible. The last update was July 31; the
      one before that was July 2. All the info we have is on the site-- which
      includes the Future Fashion Folio contest information (Deadline is
      September 30, URL for information is
      http://www.jennifarse.com/cc2003/fff.htm ) , the Doll Competition and
      Exhibition information (http://www.jennifarse.com/cc2003/dolls.htm), the
      Dealers Room information (http://www.jennifarse.com/cc2003/dealers.htm),
      and preliminary hotel measurements and transportation information
      (http://www.jennifarse.com/cc2003/hotel.htm).

      The cc21chat list on yahoogroups hasn't really been utilized yet (as well
      as cc21news), because both lists were created with the idea of using them
      closer to the con than it is now-- you know, the last several months before
      the big event.

      If you're having problems reading the website, let me know what browser
      you're using (both name and version), as well as if you're a Windows or a
      Mac person and I will work on troubleshooting it for you.

      As far as memberships are concerned, yes, we have had difficulties in
      getting any membership information together, but that will soon change.
      (Our co-chair, Henry Osier, is far more up on that topic than I am, and
      will hopefully respond here on that topic.) Once we get a clean, up-to-date
      membership list, I can send out PR #2, and be able to answer membership
      questions in a timely manner.

      Most chapters elected to receive PRs electronically, and will get PR #2 as
      soon as it's out in that manner. Those chapters who opted for snail-mail
      delivery will get PR #2 once they're all mailed.

      In the meantime, if you know of someone who doesn't have Internet access
      who would like any of the information on the site, please let me know their
      names/addresses OFFLIST and I will be happy to send them the relevant pages
      from the site.

      --Jennifer

      Jennifer Adams Kelley
      secretary, Costume-ConĀ® 21