Re: [ICG-D] The ICG - Future Planning

  • Bruce & Nora Mai
    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 1, 2002
      I'm playing devil's advocate here, asking questions nobody wants to hear.
      And I don't have answers for them either. But they need to be asked as part
      of this discussion so I guess I get to be the unpopular one.

      Andy:
      But the point is that if you pay your money you should have the same rights
      as every other member whether you have web access or not. You can't call
      them luddites if they can't afford the technology (using the term implies a
      certain elitist slant, anyway) and some people don't want to take the time
      away from their costuming to do computer stuff. And no one here can say that
      the computer isn't a huge eater of time.
      I'm just reminding everyone that everyone must be served.

      Jeff:
      And the chapters should pay for the ICG's printing costs, because? Sorry,
      that won't fly. The President (and other officers) of each chapter already
      pay for enough printing from their own computers (not to mention wear and
      tear). How would you feel if all hard copy requests for data from the ICG
      website (and how would these individauls find out what to request?) were
      guided to you, as the ICG website manager, for printing and distibution?

      Elaine:
      You're the nicest "luddite" I know <g>. I'm fairly computer literate myself,
      but fully appreciate the glory of a hard copy you can touch and feel.

      Nora

      "I like big bots and I cannot lie." - Bill Dwyer
    • Charles Galway
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 17, 2002
        Bruno,
        I talked to Dave Doering today, and he is on BOD-list, but is not current on reading BOD or D-list. But he is in favor of an ICG, not just isolated chapters, with not central umbrella organization. Also, it sounds like Dave and Keri support the annual dues, to expidite mananging dues.