Still looking for a few panelists for London Worldcon

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2014
      Are you attending London Worldcon?

      We have a few excellent suggested program items with no panelists yet.

      Please contact me at kevin.roche@... by Wednesday July 2 if any of them interest you.
      _____________________
      Genderswap Cosplay and Crossplay
      The benefits, drawbacks, practicalities and political reasonings behind remaking a character for your own gender or playing a gender other than one's own.

      It's all on your head: Making and "Pimping" hats
      Topping off your costumes with appropriate haberdashery
      __________________________

      I also have a shortage of people on

      Costuming and Cosplay as Roleplay
      Sometimes a costume is just beautiful, fascinating or interesting clothes; but other times it's part of an entire role playing engagement, complete with persona and personality. How do we develop and play those roles to bring our costumes to life as characters?

      Recycling Costumes (optionally, into other costumes)
      What do you do with a costume when it's outlived its appeal (or doesn't fit any more). What options are there for recycling, upcycling, and repurposing your costume wardrobe?

      Costuming Off the Rack - Purchased Costumes Are Cool, Too. Smart Shopping for Costumes.
      Skill with needle and thread (or fibreglass and paint) is not always necessary to create fabulous wearables. Remarkable costumes can be assembled by clever and judicious shopping and repurposing of off-the rack items!

      AGAIN, please reply by Wednesday July 2, to kevin.roche@...

      Thanks
    • Lay, Toni (DDC)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2014
        I dearly wanted to go, but I don’t have the vacation time nor the airfare.

        Toni