No coordinated costume shipping to London Worldcon

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30 6:07 AM
      I'm sorry to report that I was informed yesterday that the exhibits and logistics departments have abandoned the tentative plans for both a US costume exhibit and coordinated shipping of costumes to Loncon 3.

      This is not from lack of desire, but because the ExCeL is being so fully utilized that they do not have space resources for the additional exhibit, and without that the motivation for the shipping is gone.

      I'm sorry to pass on this disappointing news, but want to thank them publicly for seriously considering offering the possibility in the first place.

      We (all the Loncon committee "costume stakeholders") still look forward to seeing many of you and your costumes in August!

      Kevin
    • Kaijugal .
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30 5:52 PM
        Thank you to Mike Kowalek from Eleventhphotograph for
        coming out and taking beautiful pictures of all the hard working
        CC32 masquerade participants!

        Review: http://eleventhphotograph.com/news/2014/4/30/costume-con-2014-in-toronto.html

        Info from Mike:
        "If you haven't already, you can check out the General con Gallery Here.
        If you're looking for Masquerade Photos, they can be Found Here. (Sat & Sun, Multiple Pages!!!)
        If you find yourself in a photo from the Masquerade and would like a larger file, send me an email and I can get one to you free of charge. If you'd like a larger file from the General con Gallery you can purchase one for $5 each.
        Congrats to all those who won an award at the Masquerades! You'll have to up your game in time for the next one in a couple years. I expect near-functional Iron-Man/Gundam suits if you plan on making one.
        Thanks for reading, and Ciao
        Mike"

        Dawn McKechnie - Costume-Con 32 Chair.
        Toronto, ON - April 25-28 2014
        www.costumecon32.com
      • ma0902432
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30 7:00 PM
          Question--as far as buying 'professional photos' that were taken back
          stage prior to the show--any info there? I don't recall getting any info
          to send in an order, and I would really like photos, whether digital or
          printed.

          Yours in costuming, Lisa A

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30 8:21 PM
            Christine is putting them online. She says it shouldn't take too long. I'll post here when they are all ready. :)

            To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2014
              Thanks! Want to get something good enough to be enlarged to an 8 x 10.

              Yours in costuming, Lisa A

              To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2014
                Blogs and video posts about Costume-Con 32 so far. Many of them have just stunning photos! I think my favorite part about reading these overall is the comments by first timers saying how much fun they had and  that they would like to come to a Costume-Con again. I hope this benefits CC33 & 34 and that we can get a good group coming out for them. :) There has already been roomers of a "Costume-Con bus trip" being organized.

                ChiacChiere | Costume-Con 32 (fun video)

                http://chiacchiere.altervista.org/costume-con-32/

                ____________________________

                Cosplay Calamity | Con Chronicles: Costume-Con 32 pt1

                http://cosplaycalamity.com/2014/04/29/con-chronicles-cc32/

                "As much as I love cons, it was really refreshing and inspiring to go to a costume conference and learn from panels to improve not only my worksmanship but also my performance and general costuming knowledge."

                Cosplay Calamity | Con Chronicles: Costume-Con 32 pt2

                http://cosplaycalamity.com/2014/04/30/con-chronicles-cc32-pt2/

                "Final Verdict
                From everyone online, the consensus seems to be: Best Con Ever. I know that it’s already set to return to Toronto in 3 years, and I’m considering going to the next one in South Carolina with a contingent of Canadian Troublemakers Cosplayers."

                _____________________________

                Sparrow.nu | Costume-Con 32 Day 1: Photographing the Costumes
                http://www.sparrow.nu/2014/04/costume-con-32-day-1-photographing.html

                "I got a lot of casual hallway shots and was impressed to see professional photographers with tons of experience photographing cosplay there."

                Sparrow.nu | Costume-Con 32 Day 2: More photographs
                http://www.sparrow.nu/2014/04/costume-con-32-day-2-more-photographs.html

                _____________________________

                Among Bobbins and Thread | Costume-Con 32
                http://amongbobbinsandthread.blogspot.ca/2014/04/costume-con-32.html

                "I really loved the calm, open atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and willing to talk about their costumes! In a way I preferred the demographic that attended this convention much more than that of Anime North."
                _____________________________

                Magic and Stitchcraft | Costume Con 32 Con Report
                http://magicandstitchcraft.blogspot.ca/2014/04/costume-con-32-con-report.html

                "I've been attending conventions for... 15 years now. Anime North and Fanexpo have been my staples since I was in my teens. My focus on why I attend has changed over the years, with no surprise, but I love those conventions dearly.
                And then, Costume Con came into my life....
                "
                ________________________________

                Cosplaymemories | Toronto Jack | CC32 videos (videos - scroll to top for thumbnails of videos -
                *** THESE WERE THE VIDEOS PROJECTED ON THE SIDE SCREEN DURING THE MASQUERADES SO THE AUDIENCE IN THE BACK COULD SEE BETTER

                http://vimeo.com/93433904
                _____________

                Megascorcher | Costume-Con 32 (part 1): Saturday Masquerade Photos

                http://megascorcher.com/site/?p=137496#more-137496

                Megascorcher | Costume-Con 32 (part 2): Saturday Hall Photos
                http://megascorcher.com/site/?p=137366

                Megascorcher | Costume-Con 32 (part 3): Sunday Hall Photos
                http://megascorcher.com/site/?p=137658
                _____________

                5th Village | Costume-Con 32 :
                http://instagram-ps.5thvillage.com/costumecon32/
                _____________

                Elementalphotography
                http://elementalsight.tumblr.com/post/84377156850/anna-is-finished-after-months-of-work
                _____________

                National Post | Dress up, up and away: How Lee Scion makes these mind-blowing costumes
                http://life.nationalpost.com/2014/04/26/dress-up-up-and-away-how-lee-scion-makes-these-mind-blowing-costumes/

                "ComiCon is about fangirling (or -boying), Costume-Con is about learning."
                _____________

                Cosplay Tutorial | Awesome tip from Costume Con 32!
                http://blog.cosplaytutorial.com/post/83908294322/awesome-tip-from-costume-con-32-we-get-a-lot-of
                _____________

                TumblerSCN

                http://scn.youngeasy.com/list/cc32/1.html
                _____________

                Simakai | Back from CostumeCon 32...
                http://simakai.deviantart.com/journal/Back-from-CostumeCon-32-450815732

                "I won a presentation award (which was what I hoped and expected from my quick change skit) and also a special prize from an ICG chapter."
                _____________

                Locobu's Bloggy | Costume Con 32
                http://locobusbloggy.blogspot.ca/

                "It really inspired me to want to make only 1 costume and just work really really hard on it to make it look good."

                ________________________________

                Dan The Video Ninja (video)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga2fKRmKK-M#t=10

                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2014
                  First Photos from Christine Mak (pxlbarrel) the official photographer:

                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/pxlbarrel/sets/

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 6, 2014
                    Hi Dawn--

                    Every time I try to access this it locks up my computer. I'd really like
                    to print out some photos but this particular site doesn't want to load.
                    Do you have a way I could contact her and maybe just get the ones I"m
                    looking for? Also I was able to access the stage photos from
                    "elventhphotograph" but it wouldn't print, despite my trying multiple
                    ways to print it. Don't know why it won't. Any suggestions?

                    Yours in costumign, Lisa A

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 6, 2014
                      Hello Lisa,

                      Which browser are you currently using? I know Flickr has some issues with IE.

                      I contacted Christine via Flickrmail and asked her to contact you directly.

                      I hope this is helpful. If it doesn't get resolved reasonably soon, perhaps I can take some time and
                      personally download and send you the photos you want.

                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/pxlbarrel/13906422687/

                      To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 7, 2014
                        Dawn--

                        Thanks so much for the browser suggestion. It's something I rarely
                        think about, but I used Firefox, and it solved the problem, the site
                        worked perfectly, I was able to download and print my photos and they
                        looked great. I appreciate it very much.

                        Yours in costuming, Lisa A

                        To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com