Name that costumer

  • Nora & Bruce Mai
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2014

      "The Cash Cow", from Worldcon 2001.    Was there only one person in that costume, and who was it.   One name announced was a Dashoff, but the other was someone else.   Watching the video, I don't THINK there were two people in it.   Maybe I'm wrong?

      Bruce

      Assistant Archivist

      International Costumers Gallery  http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php

      ICG Youtube channel:   http://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives/feed

    • Sharon Sbarsky
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2014
        Joni Dashoff & Judy Bemis were in the costume, and it was designed & made by Jared Dashoff.

        http://www.costume.org/gallery2/v/bruce_mai/pettinger2/D-Costumers/dashoff/PSP_D002_12_007_001.jpg.html

        :D

        The big part of the joke was that Joni was also Treasurer for MilPhil and Judy worked with her in the Treasury office.

        Sharon

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 17, 2014

          D'oh!

          I should have found that!   Unfortunately, there's no way to search all our databases with one search, and we didn't have this pic in the Worldcon folder, for some reason.    Thanks, Sharon.  The way it looked, though I  had my doubts as to there being two people in the costume.

          Bruce

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 17, 2014
            You're welcome. I did a google search and found it. It's also in your database at:

            http://www.costume.org/gallery2/v/bruce_mai/Worldcons/Worldcon2001/21+a+Cash+Cow.jpg.html

            But Joni's name is spelled wrong there.

            Sharon

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 17, 2014

              Wups.   Thanks for the correction.  Have to look at  that.   I have no excuse for not catching it in the WC database though (hangs Archivist head in shame)

              Bruce

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 17, 2014
                No worries. I figured that you were just trying to verify the data.

                Sharon

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 17, 2014
                  I understand you confusion. They are both small.

                  {running like hell} from Judy & Jodi.

                  JohnO

                  On Monday, March 17, 2014, Nora & Bruce Mai <casamai@...> wrote:

                  D'oh!

                  I should have found that!   Unfortunately, there's no way to search all our databases with one search, and we didn't have this pic in the Worldcon folder, for some reason.    Thanks, Sharon.  The way it looked, though I  had my doubts as to there being two people in the costume.

                  Bruce

                • Medic117

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 20, 2014
                      Don't worry.  We'll vilify you at the Annual Meeting! :)

                      Byron