odd request- old con ribbons

  • Elaine Sims
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 12 9:00 AM
      Good morning!

      I have kind of an odd request, feel free to reply off-list.

      As some of you know, even though I really enjoy costuming, I'm more of a
      quilter. One of the things I'm trying to add to my custom line is memory
      quilts. I have plenty of t-shirts to make a sample memory quilt, but I
      want to also create a sample quilt that shows people what they can do
      with all their show ribbons, whether it be 4H, horse shows, costuming
      awards, anything like that.

      Since I've never collected enough participant or winner ribbons from any
      of my activities, I'm hoping that some of the previous Costume-Con
      chairs might have some left-over unawarded ribbons that they might be
      willing to part with for the project. I am willing to pay for shipping.
      I'd also be interested in some of the badge ribbons, if folks would be
      interested in sharing.

      If I can get enough of these to get it done, I'll bring the sample to
      CC33 in Charleston, too. :) (It's pretty unlikely it would be finished
      for Toronto, sorry)

      Thanks all!

      ~Elaine Sims
      SiWeb
    • Barb Schofield
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 12 11:07 AM
        Do you want just Costume Con ribbons or from costume events at other cons too.

        Barb

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 12 11:35 AM
          Elaine,

          If you'd caught me a few months ago, I had a lot leftover from CC31, but
          they're gone now.

          Michael

          On 2014-03-12 09:00, Elaine Sims wrote:
          > Good morning!
          >
          > I have kind of an odd request, feel free to reply off-list.
          >
          > As some of you know, even though I really enjoy costuming, I'm more
          > of a
          > quilter. One of the things I'm trying to add to my custom line is
          > memory
          > quilts. I have plenty of t-shirts to make a sample memory quilt, but
          > want to also create a sample quilt that shows people what they can do
          >
          > with all their show ribbons, whether it be 4H, horse shows, costuming
          >
          > awards, anything like that.
          >
          > Since I've never collected enough participant or winner ribbons from
          > any
          > of my activities, I'm hoping that some of the previous Costume-Con
          > chairs might have some left-over unawarded ribbons that they might be
          >
          > willing to part with for the project. I am willing to pay for
          > shipping.
          > I'd also be interested in some of the badge ribbons, if folks would
          > be
          > interested in sharing.
          >
          > If I can get enough of these to get it done, I'll bring the sample to
          >
          > CC33 in Charleston, too. :) (It's pretty unlikely it would be
          > finished
          > for Toronto, sorry)
          >
          > Thanks all!
          >
          > ~Elaine Sims
          > SiWeb
        • Elaine Sims
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 12 1:14 PM
            Barb: I'd take any ribbons, doesn't even need to be specific to costuming. I figured that previous con chairs would be a good place to start. Keep in mind, I don't want a ribbon that's your personal win, unless you really don't want to keep it anymore. I want extras that are languishing in the back of a closet somewhere.

            Michael: Bummer! :(

            Thank you!
            ~Elaine

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 12 2:43 PM
                I have a pile of LoneStarCon 3 Masquerade ribbons.  Do you want just one of each or a whole pile?

                Smiles,

                Also need your address...

                Jill

              • Kevin Roche

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 12 9:16 PM
                    Thank you all for your responses! I'm trying to respond with my address to each of you directly, so if you don't hear from me, give me a poke.

                    This is going to be fun!

                    ~Elaine
                    No, not that one, the other one. ;)

                    On 03/12/2014 05:50 PM, Kevin Roche wrote:

                    I might have some CC26 ribbons in storage. If i do, I'll share.

                    Kevin

                    On Wednesday, March 12, 2014, Jill Eastlake <jill@...> wrote:

                    I have a pile of LoneStarCon 3 Masquerade ribbons.  Do you want just one of each or a whole pile?

                    Smiles,

                    Also need your address...

                    Jill

                  • ECM
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 13 9:32 AM
                      I'll see if we have any left from CC30.

                      Elaine

                      To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 13 3:41 PM
                        At 11:00 AM 3/12/2014, you wrote:

                        We may have some extras tucked away somewhere. We'll look around,

                        Pierre and Sandy

                        >Good morning!
                        >
                        >I have kind of an odd request, feel free to reply off-list.
                        >
                        >As some of you know, even though I really enjoy costuming, I'm more of a
                        >quilter. One of the things I'm trying to add to my custom line is memory
                        >quilts. I have plenty of t-shirts to make a sample memory quilt, but I
                        >want to also create a sample quilt that shows people what they can do
                        >with all their show ribbons, whether it be 4H, horse shows, costuming
                        >awards, anything like that.
                        >
                        >Since I've never collected enough participant or winner ribbons from any
                        >of my activities, I'm hoping that some of the previous Costume-Con
                        >chairs might have some left-over unawarded ribbons that they might be
                        >willing to part with for the project. I am willing to pay for shipping.
                        >I'd also be interested in some of the badge ribbons, if folks would be
                        >interested in sharing.
                        >
                        >If I can get enough of these to get it done, I'll bring the sample to
                        >CC33 in Charleston, too. :) (It's pretty unlikely it would be finished
                        >for Toronto, sorry)
                        >
                        >Thanks all!
                        >
                        >~Elaine Sims
                        >SiWeb

                        "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                        Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                        -- C. Y. 4971

                        Andromeda
                      • Elaine Sims

                                Message 16 of 17 , May 18, 2014
                                  Hi all! I'm getting ready to get started on designing this puppy, just curious if there might be any more ribbons en route. I really appreciate the bounty I have already collected, you folks are great!

                                  THANK YOU!! :)

                                  ~Elaine
                                • Trudy Leonard
                                  Message 17 of 17 , May 24, 2014
                                    Elaine -

                                    I'll be going over to the old house this next week. I'm pretty sure that if I still have some of the CC22 ribbons, that they are in a storage shed in the backyard. I will check for them then.

                                    Trudy

                                    To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 10:12:10 -0700