Has anyone done this already for a masquerade?

  • ARD
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2013
      I was just wondering if anyone has done a masquerade costume with
      someone with a butterfly net chasing a fairy? I was thinking of doing
      something like that, but it seems so obvious I was just wondering if
      anyone had already done it.

      It is now clear that the Krell** never invented an internet.
      Because if they had, they would have known about that id problem.

      **The Krell: the super-beings from the movie 'Forbidden Planet'
      who destroyed themselves overnight after linking their minds to the
      nearly unlimited energy source that powered their civilization and
      unleashing the dark id lurking beneath their vast intellects.
      - - Anne Davenport - - - - - - - - - - kjaneway@... - -
    • Karen Purcell
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2013
        It has been done once upon a time, but put your own individual spin on it and it will be well accepted as a good gag.  I once competed with 5 other costumes representing fire, and none of us did the same thing the same way.

        Looking forward to seeing your creation,
        Dr. Karen
        Masquerade Director
        Arisia 2014

        On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM, ARD <kjaneway@...> wrote:

        I was just wondering if anyone has done a masquerade costume with
        someone with a butterfly net chasing a fairy? I was thinking of doing
        something like that, but it seems so obvious I was just wondering if
        anyone had already done it.

        It is now clear that the Krell** never invented an internet.
        Because if they had, they would have known about that id problem.

        **The Krell: the super-beings from the movie 'Forbidden Planet'
        who destroyed themselves overnight after linking their minds to the
        nearly unlimited energy source that powered their civilization and
        unleashing the dark id lurking beneath their vast intellects.
        - - Anne Davenport - - - - - - - - - - kjaneway@... - -

      • casamai
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2013

          The one I can think of off the top of my head that was anywhere similar was at CC21 - "Night Hunt"  - http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5231    But yeah, everyone's going to be different.

          Bruce

          Assistant Archivist

          International Costumers Gallery  http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php

          ICG Youtube channel:   http://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives/feed