Re: [GBACGCostumers] Creepy Vintage Hallowe'en Costumes

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2013
      Interesting. I noticed that the vast majority of people in these vintage photos concentrated on making their face look different or obscure it with a mask, and not as much attention was devoted to what we would think of as a costume. Whereas, it now seems like we spend lots of time on the costume, and not so much on the mask/obscuring our face.

      Interesting how things turn around.

      On Oct 3, 2013, at 1:09 AM, Janice Sellers wrote:

      > At least the post says they're Hallowe'en costumes. Either way they're creepy.
      >
      > http://sarcasticsarcasms.blogspot.com/2013/09/creepy-old-vintage-halloween-photos-no.html#.Uk0kvCR_fcd
    • ma0902432
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2013
        I'm pretty confused, because my screen came up with ablog post blank
        page--so
        I Have NO IDEA what photos you are referring to.

        Lisa a

        On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 01:22:46 -0700 Carole Parker <mscip@...> writes:
        > Interesting. I noticed that the vast majority of people in these
        > vintage photos concentrated on making their face look different or
        > obscure it with a mask, and not as much attention was devoted to
        > what we would think of as a costume. Whereas, it now seems like we
        > spend lots of time on the costume, and not so much on the
        > mask/obscuring our face.
        >

        > Interesting how things turn around.
        >

        > Until later--
        >

        > Carole
        >

        > On Oct 3, 2013, at 1:09 AM, Janice Sellers wrote:
        >

        > > At least the post says they're Hallowe'en costumes. Either way
        > they're creepy.

        http://sarcasticsarcasms.blogspot.com/2013/09/creepy-old-vintage-hallowee
        n-photos-no.html#.Uk0kvCR_fcd

      • randallwhitlock
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2013
          Same problem here. Blank page.

          I tried searching the page for "Halloween" and came up with a collection of photos of Halloween costumes by expectant mothers, mostly involving belly-painting.

          Randall