Re: In Fine Style - new book! blatant commercial plug

  • Devra
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2013
      I've just gotten some copies of In Fine Style, which is the catalogue of a British exhibit.  Subtitle: The Art of Tudor and Stuart Fashion, by Anna Reynolds. Jacket blurb says "This fascinating and sumptuous book celebrates the world of high fashion in the Tudor and Stuart period. Bringing together works by the most fashionable artists of the time with rare surviving examples of costume, it unstitches and explores the truth (or otherwise) of the dress in art - and the art in dress." 11"x12" hardcover, dust jacket, select bibliog, index, glossary, end notes, 258 illus, most full color photos, 298 pp. Royal Collection Trust, $75 plus shipping. An amazing book.

      Devra
      Poison Pen Press