RE: [ICG-D] Re: Removing paint- revisiting - a resolution and recommendation

  • Nora & Bruce Mai
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2013

      Thought I'd pop in, say thanks to Patrick and share a quick bit of knowledge with the list.

      Found an "environmentally safe" paint stripper called "Citristrip" which worked pretty well on my nylon surface.    It took a little time, but it all came off without damaging the boots I'm working with.   Nice thing about the stuff is it has an orange-y smell and supposedly can be used indoors (although with the usual mess stripping paint makes, I wouldn't recommend it).    It supposedly can be used on fabric, which is a plus.   Again - best to test it first.   Cost from one of the smaller, more old-style hardware stores we frequent was about $14.

      Less than 2 weeks to go until Archon - Ack!

      Bruce