Re: LonCon

  • ARD
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16 8:15 PM
      I was on the North American team at that half-time and I noticed that
      when we came off the stage most of the seats in the hall were still
      full, so I'd say it was very successful (tho' the European team's
      Marilyn Monroe did beat out our slightly gay pope). The rest of the
      Masquerade ran as most of them do (the play-by-play of Terry Pratchett
      writing was particularly simple, but hysterical at the same time).

      On 9/11/2013 4:14 AM, ICG-D@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > 1c. Re: LonCon
      > Posted by: "Kevin Roche"kevin@... sjleather
      > Date: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:43 am ((PDT))
      >
      > I was in charge of the half-time at the Glasgow masquerade (we did a NA vs
      > Europe Iron Costumer) and Giulia did a good job.
      > While I'm not on Masquerade staff (Andy and I are head of the Costume,
      > Cosplay and Style program track) I think you can expect the sort of
      > masquerade we're used to. There is a sizeable North American contingent
      > who have joined the staff for London.
      >
      > I'll also note that conferring with the MD and shifting someone's division
      > where appropriate has also happened at Costume-Cons and other Worldcons; it
      > just doesn't happen very often.
      >
      > Kevin

      It is now clear that the Krell** never invented an internet.
      Because if they had, they would have known about that id problem.

      **The Krell: the super-beings from the movie 'Forbidden Planet'
      who destroyed themselves overnight after linking their minds to the
      nearly unlimited energy source that powered their civilization and
      unleashing the dark id lurking beneath their vast intellects.
      - - Anne Davenport - - - - - - - - - - kjaneway@... - -