West Coast Cons?

  • Penney Nile
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2013
      Greetings, all! I am new to the whole costuming scene, and as I live in
      the Los Angeles area, I hope that any of you could tell me about any
      cons that are held in this area. I am aware of Comic-Con in San Diego,
      of course, but not sure if this is one of the venues in which members of
      the group may participate. I am particularly interested in Steampunk,
      but I am flexible. *laughs*

      Thanks for your help!

      Penney
    • mscip
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2013
        Hello Penney:

        You have all sorts of conventions available to you in SoCal. Look up Conjecture (October), LosCon (Thanksgiving weekend), Galifrey (Dr. Who in. January), and a steampunk convention in Long Beach on the Queen Mary in January. Lots of stuff happens in your area. Take a look at the ICG calendar for more events in your area.

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2013
          Thought I sent this, but not sure it went through.

          Coming up in the Los Angeles/San Diego area, you have:

          Conjecture <http://2013.conjecture.org>
          LosCon <http://loscon.org/40/>
          Steampunk in Long Beach <http://www.hrmsteam.com>
          Gallifrey (Dr. Who) <http://www.gallifreyone.com>

          Plus, if your time and money will allow you to come up to San Jose, CA Memorial Day weekend, we have Clockwork Alchemy <http://www.clockworkalchemy.com>

          Full Disclosure: I am on the Clockwork Alchemy staff.

          Plus the ICG convention listing has yet more conventions all over the place
          <http://www.costume.org/conventions.html>

          Once you go to Conjecture and LosCon, I know you will find out about more events available to you. Welcome and have fun!

          On Sep 4, 2013, at 6:49 PM, Penney Nile <penneyn@...> wrote:

          > Greetings, all! I am new to the whole costuming scene, and as I live in
          > the Los Angeles area, I hope that any of you could tell me about any
          > cons that are held in this area. I am aware of Comic-Con in San Diego,
          > of course, but not sure if this is one of the venues in which members of
          > the group may participate. I am particularly interested in Steampunk,
          > but I am flexible. *laughs*
          >
          > Thanks for your help!
        • Lay, Toni (DDC)
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013
            Carole, you're on!

            Toni

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2013
              Thanks for the information, Carole. I've been into the Steampunk thing for about a year now, but while surfing the net, I found the website for the Labyrinth Masquerade Ball, and found an interest in costuming and cosplay. Working on some costuming of my own now, and I hope to get some inspiration from what others have done.

              Thanks!

              Penney

              On 9/5/2013 12:11 AM, mscip wrote:

              Hello Penney:

              You have all sorts of conventions available to you in SoCal. Look up Conjecture (October), LosCon (Thanksgiving weekend), Galifrey (Dr. Who in. January), and a steampunk convention in Long Beach on the Queen Mary in January. Lots of stuff happens in your area. Take a look at the ICG calendar for more events in your area.

              Sent from my iPad

              On Sep 4, 2013, at 6:49 PM, Penney Nile <penneyn@...> wrote:

              > Greetings, all! I am new to the whole costuming scene, and as I live in
              > the Los Angeles area, I hope that any of you could tell me about any
              > cons that are held in this area. I am aware of Comic-Con in San Diego,
              > of course, but not sure if this is one of the venues in which members of
              > the group may participate. I am particularly interested in Steampunk,
              > but I am flexible. *laughs*
              >
              > Thanks for your help!
              >
              > Penney

            • mscip
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2013
                Hello Penny:

                You are welcome. Inspiration is in lots of places. I get inspiration all the time -- it is the follow through that always gets me. ;-)

                I look forward to seeing what you do in the future. I also look forward to meeting you someday as well.

                Sent from my iPad