Motel in OK City

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
      To the list collective:

      We would like to find a cheap overnight motel in or near OK City that
      is not in a "shady" neighborhood - any recommendations? Just needs
      to be clean and bug-free, as we're only sleeping overnight. We've
      checked Internet, but reviews on some seem mixed, and we know that
      some non-chain motels aren't listed on the travel sites. Anywhere
      within 20 miles or so either north or south of the city is fine too.

      TIA,
      P & S

      "Those Who Fail to Learn History
      Why They Are Simply Doomed."

      -- C. Y. 4971

      Andromeda
    • elektra
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
        I'm asking my cat-friends who do shows in the area--we'll see if they
        come up with anything useful.

        Looking forward to seeing you are Worldcon!!

        Elektra
        On 7/23/2013 8:36 AM, Pierre & Sandy Pettinger wrote:
        > To the list collective:
        >
        > We would like to find a cheap overnight motel in or near OK City that
        > is not in a "shady" neighborhood - any recommendations? Just needs
        > to be clean and bug-free, as we're only sleeping overnight. We've
        > checked Internet, but reviews on some seem mixed, and we know that
        > some non-chain motels aren't listed on the travel sites. Anywhere
        > within 20 miles or so either north or south of the city is fine too.
        >
        > TIA,
        > P & S
        >
        > International Costumers' Guild Archivist
        >
        > http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
        >
        > "Those Who Fail to Learn History
        > Are Doomed to Repeat It;
        > Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly -
        > Why They Are Simply Doomed."
        >
        > Achemdro'hm
        > "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
        > -- C. Y. 4971
        >
        > Andromeda

        Coab minshak'a.

        Until Midnight Editorial Services
        http://www.untilmidnight.com

        Editor and Reviewer for buzzymag
        http://buzzymag.com

        Acquisitions Editor for Sparkito Press, an Imprint of Dark Quest Books
        http://www.darkquestbooks.com

        https://twitter.com/elektraUM [Twitter]
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514628819 [Facebook]

        Publicity for Darkovercon
        http://www.darkovercon.org

        BlueBlaze Maine Coons
        http://www.blueblaze.com
      • llwatts@juno.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2013
          There's a Microtel Inn at the OK City airport -- I haven't stayed at that particular one, but I've stayed in Microtels before and have never had a problem. Leah

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25, 2013
            On our way to CC 30, we stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Quail Springs, at 3117 NW 117th Street in Oklahoma City. It was a nice hotel in what seemed to be a good neighborhood. As I recall, it was a very short distance off the Interstate.

            Byron