Motel in OK City

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23 5:36 AM
      To the list collective:

      We would like to find a cheap overnight motel in or near OK City that
      is not in a "shady" neighborhood - any recommendations? Just needs
      to be clean and bug-free, as we're only sleeping overnight. We've
      checked Internet, but reviews on some seem mixed, and we know that
      some non-chain motels aren't listed on the travel sites. Anywhere
      within 20 miles or so either north or south of the city is fine too.

      TIA,
      P & S

      "Those Who Fail to Learn History
      Why They Are Simply Doomed."

      -- C. Y. 4971

      Andromeda
    • elektra
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23 7:54 AM
        I'm asking my cat-friends who do shows in the area--we'll see if they
        come up with anything useful.

        Looking forward to seeing you are Worldcon!!

        Elektra
        On 7/23/2013 8:36 AM, Pierre & Sandy Pettinger wrote:
        > To the list collective:
        >
        > We would like to find a cheap overnight motel in or near OK City that
        > is not in a "shady" neighborhood - any recommendations? Just needs
        > to be clean and bug-free, as we're only sleeping overnight. We've
        > checked Internet, but reviews on some seem mixed, and we know that
        > some non-chain motels aren't listed on the travel sites. Anywhere
        > within 20 miles or so either north or south of the city is fine too.
        >
        > TIA,
        > P & S
        >
        > International Costumers' Guild Archivist
        >
        > http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
        >
        > "Those Who Fail to Learn History
        > Are Doomed to Repeat It;
        > Those Who Fail To Learn History Correctly -
        > Why They Are Simply Doomed."
        >
        > Achemdro'hm
        > "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
        > -- C. Y. 4971
        >
        > Andromeda

        Coab minshak'a.

        Until Midnight Editorial Services
        http://www.untilmidnight.com

        Editor and Reviewer for buzzymag
        http://buzzymag.com

        Acquisitions Editor for Sparkito Press, an Imprint of Dark Quest Books
        http://www.darkquestbooks.com

        https://twitter.com/elektraUM [Twitter]
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514628819 [Facebook]

        Publicity for Darkovercon
        http://www.darkovercon.org

        BlueBlaze Maine Coons
        http://www.blueblaze.com
      • llwatts@juno.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24 4:30 AM
          There's a Microtel Inn at the OK City airport -- I haven't stayed at that particular one, but I've stayed in Microtels before and have never had a problem. Leah

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25 3:41 PM
            On our way to CC 30, we stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Quail Springs, at 3117 NW 117th Street in Oklahoma City. It was a nice hotel in what seemed to be a good neighborhood. As I recall, it was a very short distance off the Interstate.

            Byron