Re: [ICG-D] Marty Memorial

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
      Thank you, Ricky.

      I want as many articles and pictures about Marty from as many different people as I can get. If I get a large number of Marty memories and photos, I am willing to do a special memorial newsletter dedicated to Marty as well as a separate September-October International Costumer. If we wind up doing a dedicated Marty issue, then that whole issue could be attached to Marty's LAA page.

      Remember, your memory/article can be a short 100-200 word item, or it can be longer. Having the ability to electronically publish means that we can go as long or short as we (the members of the ICG) want.

      If I only get one or two Marty memories, then I'll incorporate them into the September-October International Costumer.

      So, if you have something that you want to share about Marty - photo or text, send it in by August 15th. I'll take it from there.

      Until later--

      Carole Parker
      Editor, International Costumer

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
        If they come up with one that they're willing to have published in the International Costumer, please have someone send it my way. By the same token, if I have someone to contact, I'll send a copy their way.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
          Hello All:

          If you send me photographs, please add a line that states that they're your photographs, and that it's okay to publish them in the International Costumer. Otherwise, I have to take an additional step to make sure that it's okay to publish.

          If the photographs are *not* your photographs, then I really would like to have the permission of the photographer, please.

          While most everyone is nice and all, I would rather avoid potential problems for the ICG and cover the heinie.

          Thank you to those who have already sent in photographs of Marty. I look forward to receiving people's memories of Marty. Remember, they can be short or long - your choice.

          Until later--

          Carole Parker
          Editor, International Costumer
        • Nora & Bruce Mai
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
            Have somebody drop us a line offlist to discuss what they have in mind and we'll see what we can do for them. As Nora said, we're already gathering material for a quick project for Worldcon, and definitely for CC32.

            Bruce

            "Our Hobby - Our History"
            Assistant Archivist, Pat & Peggy Kennedy Memorial Library
            IC Gallery http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
            ICG Archives Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives?feature=watch

            Can we get the ICG folks to work together with technofandom regarding pictures and such? The tech folks are apparently putting together a tribute to Marty for the east coast con circuit. I wish I knew more--is anyone here on the techno list?

            Elektra
            /13
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 22, 2013
              The CC 32 best in show in the Historical will be named for Marty.

              Byron