Re: [ICG-D] Marty Memorial

  • Gravely MacCabre
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20 9:25 AM
      Carole,

      I would like the honor of writing this article for you
      and I have plenty of pics to share

      Ricky

      Gravely MacCabre
      http://www.castleblood.com
      http://facebook.com/gravelymaccabre
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/gravelymaccabre

      tv show clip samples at
      http://www.veoh.com/channels/castleblood

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20 10:41 AM
        Thank you, Ricky.

        I want as many articles and pictures about Marty from as many different people as I can get. If I get a large number of Marty memories and photos, I am willing to do a special memorial newsletter dedicated to Marty as well as a separate September-October International Costumer. If we wind up doing a dedicated Marty issue, then that whole issue could be attached to Marty's LAA page.

        Remember, your memory/article can be a short 100-200 word item, or it can be longer. Having the ability to electronically publish means that we can go as long or short as we (the members of the ICG) want.

        If I only get one or two Marty memories, then I'll incorporate them into the September-October International Costumer.

        So, if you have something that you want to share about Marty - photo or text, send it in by August 15th. I'll take it from there.

        Until later--

        On Jul 20, 2013, at 9:25 AM, Gravely MacCabre <gravelymac@...> wrote:

        > I would like the honor of writing this article for you
        > and I have plenty of pics to share
        >
        > Ricky
      • elektra
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20 12:26 PM
          Can we get the ICG folks to work together with technofandom regarding
          pictures and such? The tech folks are apparently putting together a
          tribute to Marty for the east coast con circuit. I wish I knew more--is
          anyone here on the techno list?

          Elektra
          On 7/20/2013 12:25 PM, Gravely MacCabre wrote:
          > Carole,
          >
          > I would like the honor of writing this article for you
          > and I have plenty of pics to share
          >
          > Ricky
          >
          > Gravely MacCabre
          > http://www.castleblood.com
          > http://facebook.com/gravelymaccabre
          > http://www.etsy.com/shop/gravelymaccabre
          >

          > tv show clip samples at
          > http://www.veoh.com/channels/castleblood
          >

          > ________________________________

          Coab minshak'a.

          Until Midnight Editorial Services
          http://www.untilmidnight.com

          Editor and Reviewer for buzzymag
          http://buzzymag.com

          Acquisitions Editor for Sparkito Press, an Imprint of Dark Quest Books
          http://www.darkquestbooks.com

          https://twitter.com/elektraUM [Twitter]
          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514628819 [Facebook]

          Publicity for Darkovercon
          http://www.darkovercon.org

          BlueBlaze Maine Coons
          http://www.blueblaze.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20 1:45 PM
            If they come up with one that they're willing to have published in the International Costumer, please have someone send it my way. By the same token, if I have someone to contact, I'll send a copy their way.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 20 5:44 PM
              Hello All:

              If you send me photographs, please add a line that states that they're your photographs, and that it's okay to publish them in the International Costumer. Otherwise, I have to take an additional step to make sure that it's okay to publish.

              If the photographs are *not* your photographs, then I really would like to have the permission of the photographer, please.

              While most everyone is nice and all, I would rather avoid potential problems for the ICG and cover the heinie.

              Thank you to those who have already sent in photographs of Marty. I look forward to receiving people's memories of Marty. Remember, they can be short or long - your choice.

              Until later--

              Carole Parker
              Editor, International Costumer
            • Nora & Bruce Mai
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 20 8:16 PM
                Have somebody drop us a line offlist to discuss what they have in mind and we'll see what we can do for them. As Nora said, we're already gathering material for a quick project for Worldcon, and definitely for CC32.

                Bruce

                "Our Hobby - Our History"
                Assistant Archivist, Pat & Peggy Kennedy Memorial Library
                IC Gallery http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
                ICG Archives Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives?feature=watch

                Can we get the ICG folks to work together with technofandom regarding pictures and such? The tech folks are apparently putting together a tribute to Marty for the east coast con circuit. I wish I knew more--is anyone here on the techno list?

                Elektra
                /13
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 22 5:10 PM
                  The CC 32 best in show in the Historical will be named for Marty.

                  Byron