Marty Memorial

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
      Does anyone want to write up a memorial article for the International Costumer about Marty?

      The alternative could be for people to send me 100 - 200 word items about what they remember most about Marty, and I could publish a selection of them in the September-October International Costumer. In a way, that would be appropriate timing, since Marty loved Halloween, Haunts, and being a vampire so much.

      You can send items to me directly if you like. The deadline for the September-October International Costumer is August 15th.

      If people want to send me GIF or JPG files to use, that would be appreciated.

      A sad editor --

      Carole Parker
      Editor, International Costumer
    • Gravely MacCabre
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
        Carole,

        I would like the honor of writing this article for you
        and I have plenty of pics to share

        Ricky

        Gravely MacCabre
        http://www.castleblood.com
        http://facebook.com/gravelymaccabre
        http://www.etsy.com/shop/gravelymaccabre

        tv show clip samples at
        http://www.veoh.com/channels/castleblood

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
          Thank you, Ricky.

          I want as many articles and pictures about Marty from as many different people as I can get. If I get a large number of Marty memories and photos, I am willing to do a special memorial newsletter dedicated to Marty as well as a separate September-October International Costumer. If we wind up doing a dedicated Marty issue, then that whole issue could be attached to Marty's LAA page.

          Remember, your memory/article can be a short 100-200 word item, or it can be longer. Having the ability to electronically publish means that we can go as long or short as we (the members of the ICG) want.

          If I only get one or two Marty memories, then I'll incorporate them into the September-October International Costumer.

          So, if you have something that you want to share about Marty - photo or text, send it in by August 15th. I'll take it from there.

          Until later--

          On Jul 20, 2013, at 9:25 AM, Gravely MacCabre <gravelymac@...> wrote:

          > I would like the honor of writing this article for you
          > and I have plenty of pics to share
          >
          > Ricky
        • elektra
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
            Can we get the ICG folks to work together with technofandom regarding
            pictures and such? The tech folks are apparently putting together a
            tribute to Marty for the east coast con circuit. I wish I knew more--is
            anyone here on the techno list?

            Elektra
            On 7/20/2013 12:25 PM, Gravely MacCabre wrote:
            > Carole,
            >
            > I would like the honor of writing this article for you
            > and I have plenty of pics to share
            >
            > Ricky
            >
            > Gravely MacCabre
            > http://www.castleblood.com
            > http://facebook.com/gravelymaccabre
            > http://www.etsy.com/shop/gravelymaccabre
            >

            > tv show clip samples at
            > http://www.veoh.com/channels/castleblood
            >

            > ________________________________

            Coab minshak'a.

            Until Midnight Editorial Services
            http://www.untilmidnight.com

            Editor and Reviewer for buzzymag
            http://buzzymag.com

            Acquisitions Editor for Sparkito Press, an Imprint of Dark Quest Books
            http://www.darkquestbooks.com

            https://twitter.com/elektraUM [Twitter]
            https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000514628819 [Facebook]

            Publicity for Darkovercon
            http://www.darkovercon.org

            BlueBlaze Maine Coons
            http://www.blueblaze.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
              If they come up with one that they're willing to have published in the International Costumer, please have someone send it my way. By the same token, if I have someone to contact, I'll send a copy their way.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
                Hello All:

                If you send me photographs, please add a line that states that they're your photographs, and that it's okay to publish them in the International Costumer. Otherwise, I have to take an additional step to make sure that it's okay to publish.

                If the photographs are *not* your photographs, then I really would like to have the permission of the photographer, please.

                While most everyone is nice and all, I would rather avoid potential problems for the ICG and cover the heinie.

                Thank you to those who have already sent in photographs of Marty. I look forward to receiving people's memories of Marty. Remember, they can be short or long - your choice.

                Until later--

                Carole Parker
                Editor, International Costumer
              • Nora & Bruce Mai
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
                  Have somebody drop us a line offlist to discuss what they have in mind and we'll see what we can do for them. As Nora said, we're already gathering material for a quick project for Worldcon, and definitely for CC32.

                  Bruce

                  "Our Hobby - Our History"
                  Assistant Archivist, Pat & Peggy Kennedy Memorial Library
                  IC Gallery http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
                  ICG Archives Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives?feature=watch

                  Can we get the ICG folks to work together with technofandom regarding pictures and such? The tech folks are apparently putting together a tribute to Marty for the east coast con circuit. I wish I knew more--is anyone here on the techno list?

                  Elektra
                  /13
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 22, 2013
                    The CC 32 best in show in the Historical will be named for Marty.

                    Byron