Re: [ICG-D] Desperately seeking...

  • Jill Eastlake
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 17, 2013
      Smirk. That may simply do the trick. Looks like there's even a budget for
      it. Of course, free is better...

      Thanks so much Mike! Hoping you'll be at LSC3!

      See you there, Toni!

      Jill

      On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Lay, Toni (DDC) <layt@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > That cardboard TARDIS looks pretty cool. And you�ll need it for only one
      > day.
      >
      > Toni

    • Susan Toker
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 17, 2013
        I know time is running out, but does anyone in the Texas contingent know of
        a DR Who fan who might have a self-built Tardis they could bring to the con
        (ie offer a free membership in exchange).

        Texas is a hotbed of SF/Media fandom and might support a Dr. Who group.

        Susan

        On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Jill Eastlake <jill@...> wrote:

        > Smirk. That may simply do the trick. Looks like there's even a budget for
        > it. Of course, free is better...
        >
        > Thanks so much Mike! Hoping you'll be at LSC3!
        >
        > See you there, Toni!
        >
        > Jill
        >

        > On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Lay, Toni (DDC) <layt@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > That cardboard TARDIS looks pretty cool. And you’ll need it for only one
        > > day.
        > >
        > > Toni

      • Jill Eastlake
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 17, 2013
          Hi Susan,

          I also posted on Facebook to the DFW Cosplay group. Nothing from them yet.

          If we buy the Tardis that Bruno found, would you like to borrow it for
          something?

          Jill

          On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Susan Toker <susantoker@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I know time is running out, but does anyone in the Texas contingent know of
          > a DR Who fan who might have a self-built Tardis they could bring to the con
          > (ie offer a free membership in exchange).
          >
          > Texas is a hotbed of SF/Media fandom and might support a Dr. Who group.
          >
          > Susan
          >

          > On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Jill Eastlake <jill@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Smirk. That may simply do the trick. Looks like there's even a budget for
          > > it. Of course, free is better...
          > >
          > > Thanks so much Mike! Hoping you'll be at LSC3!
          > >
          > > See you there, Toni!
          > >
          > > Jill
          > >

          > > On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Lay, Toni (DDC) <layt@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          >

          > > > That cardboard TARDIS looks pretty cool. And you�ll need it for only
          > one
          > > > day.
          > > >
          > > > Toni

        • dandyhank
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 17, 2013
            In a message dated 7/17/2013 4:14:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
            ICG-D@yahoogroups.com writes:
            > a Tardis to borrow for the Closing Ceremonies at LoneStarCon 3. It
            > matters not which kind of Tardis, just that it looks good on stage.
            >
            > Apparently we're going to have two people emerge from the Tardis, so
            > either it needs to be big enough for 2 people to be inside, or have a
            > way to step through from the back. I'm told that one of the people
            > coming out of it is a large man.
            >
            > If you are willing to lend us a Tardis, please contact me off list so
            > that I can put you in contact with the right people.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Jill

            One of the Chicago Guild built a full size one a few years ago. Can you pay
            for a truck and such?

            Henry

            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 17, 2013
              I suspect that the SLCG could make use of it at Archon - I think
              Bruce is trying to organize a 50 years of Dr. Who photo shoot, and
              there will be a lot of other DW stuff going on as well.

              Sandy

              "Those Who Fail to Learn History
              Why They Are Simply Doomed."

              -- C. Y. 4971

              Andromeda
            • Kaijugal .
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 17, 2013
                Hey Jill, you could always run a raffle to win it to help cushion the cost. ^_^ Just a thought.

                Dawn McKechnie - Costume-Con 32 Chair.
                Toronto, ON - April 25-28 2014
                www.costumecon32.com

                > To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
                > From: jill@...
                > Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:37:38 -0400
                > Subject: Re: [ICG-D] Desperately seeking...
                >
                > Smirk. That may simply do the trick. Looks like there's even a budget for
                > it. Of course, free is better...
                >
                > Thanks so much Mike! Hoping you'll be at LSC3!
                >
                > See you there, Toni!
                >
                > Jill
                >

                > On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Lay, Toni (DDC) <layt@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > That cardboard TARDIS looks pretty cool. And you�ll need it for only one
                > > day.
                > >
                > > Toni

              • Jill Eastlake
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 17, 2013
                  Interesting. If the one we buy, if we buy one, is taken away for a good
                  cause, that would be a good thing!

                  Jill

                • Jill Eastlake
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 18, 2013
                    Henry,

                    I can, if it breaks down nicely, provide someone to pick it up in Chicago
                    and take it TO LSC3. He's driving from New Hampshire and will be doing a
                    northern swing before heading south to Texas. He's not coming back the
                    same way, though.

                    Checking on the other possible ways to transport it. Can you privately
                    send me a photo?

                    Thanks!

                    Jill

                    On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM, <CC2010Milw@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > In a message dated 7/17/2013 4:14:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
                    > ICG-D@yahoogroups.com writes:
                    > > a Tardis to borrow for the Closing Ceremonies at LoneStarCon 3. It
                    > > matters not which kind of Tardis, just that it looks good on stage.
                    > >
                    > > Apparently we're going to have two people emerge from the Tardis, so
                    > > either it needs to be big enough for 2 people to be inside, or have a
                    > > way to step through from the back. I'm told that one of the people
                    > > coming out of it is a large man.
                    > >
                    > > If you are willing to lend us a Tardis, please contact me off list so
                    > > that I can put you in contact with the right people.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!
                    > >
                    > > Jill
                    >
                    > One of the Chicago Guild built a full size one a few years ago. Can you
                    > pay
                    > for a truck and such?
                    >
                    > Henry

                  • spiritof_76
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 18, 2013
                      Sorry Jill, I will not be at LSC3. Had it been any year other than the
                      year I ran CC. :-(

                      Bruno

                      On 2013-07-17 07:37, Jill Eastlake wrote:
                      > Smirk. That may simply do the trick. Looks like there's even a
                      > budget for
                      > it. Of course, free is better...
                      >
                      > Thanks so much Mike! Hoping you'll be at LSC3!
                      >
                      > See you there, Toni!
                      >
                      > Jill
                    • Jill Eastlake
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 19, 2013