Re: [ICG-D] Messing with the local county fair :)

  • K. R. McClure
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2013
      That's so *snickersnort* evil....*giggle*

      Kate McClure
      Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.
      -------------------------------

      *grin*

      2 summers ago I entered a couple costumes- my 1776 dress and my 1880
      Steampunk Calliope gown- into the PWC country fair, under the adult clothing
      section. Last year I saw that they had added a new pair of categories- adult
      and children's costumes. So last year I entered a pair of costumes again,
      Grandma Gaga and my Nostradamus 1550 outfit. THIS year they have added yet
      another category- "Authentic Historical Costume, attach era-specific
      procedures & materials."

      So this year I am putting in the Gypsy costume and wooden booth...but
      they don't have a woodworking section to the crafts area. :D Wanna bet
      there is a new category next year?

      JoAnn

      Leaving my mark on Prince William County!

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2013
        At 07:30 AM 7/10/2013, you wrote:

        This reminds me. Unfortunately the official photographer was unable
        to obtain a photo of JoAnn and Scott's Historical Costume with the
        booth. If anyone has such a photo to donate to the Archives we would
        appreciate it. You can contact me at the above address.

        Thanks

        Pierre

        >*grin*
        >
        >2 summers ago I entered a couple costumes- my 1776 dress and my 1880
        >Steampunk Calliope gown- into the PWC country fair, under the adult clothing
        >section. Last year I saw that they had added a new pair of categories- adult
        >and children's costumes. So last year I entered a pair of costumes again,
        >Grandma Gaga and my Nostradamus 1550 outfit. THIS year they have added yet
        >another category- "Authentic Historical Costume, attach era-specific
        >procedures
        >
        >So this year I am putting in the Gypsy costume and wooden booth...but
        >they don't have a woodworking section to the crafts area. :D Wanna bet
        >there is a new category next year?
        >
        >JoAnn
        >
        >Leaving my mark on Prince William County!

        "Those Who Fail to Learn History
        Why They Are Simply Doomed."

        -- C. Y. 4971

        Andromeda
      • JoAnn Abbott
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2013
          I'd live a copy too!

          JoAnn

          This reminds me. Unfortunately the official photographer was unable
          to obtain a photo of JoAnn and Scott's Historical Costume with the
          booth. If anyone has such a photo to donate to the Archives we would
          appreciate it. You can contact me at the above address.

          Thanks

          Pierre

          >*grin*
          >
          >2 summers ago I entered a couple costumes- my 1776 dress and my 1880
          >Steampunk Calliope gown- into the PWC country fair, under the adult
          clothing
          >section. Last year I saw that they had added a new pair of categories-
          adult
          >and children's costumes. So last year I entered a pair of costumes again,
          >Grandma Gaga and my Nostradamus 1550 outfit. THIS year they have added yet
          >another category- "Authentic Historical Costume, attach era-specific
          >procedures
          >
          >So this year I am putting in the Gypsy costume and wooden booth...but
          >they don't have a woodworking section to the crafts area. :D Wanna bet
          >there is a new category next year?
          >
          >JoAnn
          >
          >Leaving my mark on Prince William County!

          "Those Who Fail to Learn History
          Why They Are Simply Doomed."

          -- C. Y. 4971

        • crystaltiamat
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2013
            LOVE IT!!!

            ~Kate
            (Who will soon be moving to Loudoun County and may have to come help you :P)