Store Closing

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2013
      If you're able to make it up to Calistoga, CA in Napa County in Northern California, a jewelry store is closing, and he's offering incredible discounts on jewelry. Of course, the more pieces you buy, the more discount you get.

      Turns out that Calistoga was not the right town for his shop, and the lease is coming due, so he's closing the shop and plans to take six months off to figure out what he's going to do next.

      However, if you get there before he closes the shop, you'll find some nice jewelry there. His focus is on native American jewelry, and I happily came away with two pieces that I believe will get lots of wear. I left behind one piece because it wasn't quite "me," and I'm hoping that it goes to the right someone soon if it hasn't already.

      Calistoga Jewels & Gallery
      1334 Lincoln Avenue
      Calistoga, CA 94515

      707-942-4082

      The piece that I left behind was an American Indian bear done with a Navajo run pattern in the center done with some really nice stones. He also has other bear pieces by the same artist, but that was the one that stood out to me. I left it behind because I felt like I would not wear it enough, and it needs to go to someone who will absolutely adore wearing it on a regular basis. That someone will probably make it their signature piece.

      As of today, the jewelry was discounted 60%, and that made some originally expensive pieces very, very reasonable. He also had Native American pottery available for sale, but we don't have any place to put pottery right now. It's worth the jaunt to Calistoga if you have the time available. Lincoln Avenue is the main drag of Calistoga off of highway 29.

      If you go there, we can also recommend the restaurant JoLe, also on Lincoln Avenue. They have a tasting menu capability where you get to pick the items that you want to taste. The stuffed squash blossoms (with crabmeat and cheese) in tempura was wonderful. If I go there again, I just might make that my sole meal dish it was so enjoyable.