RE: [ICG-D] RE: CC 32 room block (Tony & more information)

  • Kaijugal .
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
      Awesome. Great news. Thanks for your patience Toni. :)

      Dawn McKechnie - Costume-Con 32 Chair.
      Toronto, ON - April 25-28 2014
      www.costumecon32.com

      To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
      From: layt@...
      Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 16:15:21 -0400
      Subject: RE: [ICG-D] RE: CC 32 room block (Tony & more information)

      I went back to their website and had no problem reserving a double room at the hotel at the convention rate. Thanks.

      From: layt@...

      Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:13:02 -0400

      Subject: RE: [ICG-D] Costume-Con 32 room block is now open!

      I went to the website to reserve a room, but there doesn't seem to be rooms with two double beds, only kings. What's the deal with this?

      Toni

      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
        I put my foot in it at least past the knees and I owe Dawn a big time
        apology. She reminded me that I looked over the first draft of the
        contract, and the up charge was spelled out and I either missed it or
        forgot it. I'm sorry. That comment was uncalled for. Since the "norm"
        in most U.S. convention hotels is a single rate
        single-double-triple-quad (a notable exception being the Discworld
        convention that I am involved with) I think that most of us Yanks just
        expected that to be the case. Dawn did what she was used to doing with
        local conventions orders of magnitude larger than any Costume Con.
        Again, I apologize.

        Marty
      • Gravely MacCabre
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 20, 2013
          Cause you are a gentleman and a good friend

          Gravely MacCabre
          http://www.castleblood.com
          http://facebook.com/gravelymaccabre
          http://etsy.com/shops/gravelymaccabre

          tv show clip samples at
          http://www.veoh.com/channels/castleblood

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 20, 2013
            I had to phone to book my room. But only because I could not remember which
            e-mail address I use for the Starwood group of hotels. I was sad that the
            club floor rooms were gone. Is there anyway on getting notified if one opens
            up?

            Henry W. Osier
            Chicago TARDIS Masquerade Director