RE: [ICG-D] RE: CC 32 room block (Tony & more information)

  • Lay, Toni (DDC)
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
      I went back to their website and had no problem reserving a double room at the hotel at the convention rate. Thanks.

      From: layt@...
      Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:13:02 -0400
      Subject: RE: [ICG-D] Costume-Con 32 room block is now open!

      I went to the website to reserve a room, but there doesn't seem to be rooms with two double beds, only kings. What's the deal with this?

      Toni

      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
        Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
        801 Dixon Road
        Toronto, ON, M9W 1J5
        Canada

        I am writing all information here in long form for clarity. If I have still missed something please feel free to write me and let me know. I have never done the publications or hotel job before so apparently I could use a little work in the communication department. I thank you all for bearing with me.

        I have compiled all information here in one post.

        ***Please read all the information***, including on the booking page as there has been some problems with booking. Some of those notes I will repeat here because people are still not seeing them on the hotel booking site.

        HOTEL BOOKING FAQ:

        1) No it's not a mistake that you cannot book a smoking room. The hotel is a smoke free facility.

        2) When using the online booking system at: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/CCD24A please book one room at a time as the system will not allow you to book multiple rooms at once.

        3) If you wish to call the hotel to book directly, please first call 1-866-932-7058 first before calling the hotel directly.

        4) Are there pull out couches in the King Clubs. No there are not, but you can get rollaway beds.

        -----
        Expanded price list. Let me know if I'm missing anything. I want to put it on the website.

        Hotel Prices | Prix des chambres

        ------
        ***Club Level King***
        (To book this type of room your arrival date must be on or before Thrus, April 24, and departure date must be on or after Tues, April 29)

        Base/Single/Simple (1 adult/person) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Double (2 adults/personnes) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Triple (3 adults/personnes) - $155.00 per night/par nuit
        Quadruple (4 adults/personnes) - $175.00 per night/par nuit

        ------
        Club Level Queen/Queen
        (To book this type of room your arrival date must be on or before Thrus, April 24, and departure date must be on or after Tues, April 29)

        Base/Single/Simple (1 adult/person) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Double (2 adults/personnes) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Triple (3 adults/personnes) - $155.00 per night/par nuit
        Quadruple (4 adults/personnes) - $175.00 per night/par nuit

        ------
        Traditional King

        Base/Single/Simple (1 adult/person) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Double (2 adults/personnes) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Triple (3 adults/personnes) - $155.00 per night/par nuit
        Quadruple (4 adults/personnes) - $175.00 per night/par nuit

        ------
        Traditional Queen
        Base/Single/Simple (1 adult/person) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Double (2 adults/personnes) - $135.00 per night/par nuit
        Triple (3 adults/personnes) - $155.00 per night/par nuit
        Quadruple (4 adults/personnes) - $175.00 per night/par nuit

        Below are other FAQ that have I have been asked about by members of this list. Most is on the website
        but I think there are other people who might benefit from it being posted here.

        Q: Is there a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel?
        A: Yes, that was one of the many reasons we picked this hotel.

        Q: Does the Hotel have a Pool?
        A: Yes a very nice one. It also has a fitness centre that is open 24h.

        Q: Are you sure the hotel doesn't allow smoking?
        A: Yes, really, I'm sure.

        Q: Is there food nearby?
        A: Yes there are dozens of restaurants within a five to ten minute walk, even a couple of 24 hour ones. There is also a Starbucks Coffee bar in the Olio Lounge at the hotel.

        Q: Is there a car rental company nearby?
        A: You can rent a car onsite via Transcanada Car Rental. There is also an Avis Car rental at the Airport.

        If you have any other questions not covered, please feel free to contact me. :)

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
          Awesome. Great news. Thanks for your patience Toni. :)

          To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
          From: layt@...
          Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 16:15:21 -0400
          Subject: RE: [ICG-D] RE: CC 32 room block (Tony & more information)

          From: layt@...

          Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:13:02 -0400

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
            I put my foot in it at least past the knees and I owe Dawn a big time
            apology. She reminded me that I looked over the first draft of the
            contract, and the up charge was spelled out and I either missed it or
            forgot it. I'm sorry. That comment was uncalled for. Since the "norm"
            in most U.S. convention hotels is a single rate
            single-double-triple-quad (a notable exception being the Discworld
            convention that I am involved with) I think that most of us Yanks just
            expected that to be the case. Dawn did what she was used to doing with
            local conventions orders of magnitude larger than any Costume Con.
            Again, I apologize.

            Marty
          • Gravely MacCabre
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 20, 2013
              Cause you are a gentleman and a good friend

              Gravely MacCabre
              http://www.castleblood.com
              http://facebook.com/gravelymaccabre
              http://etsy.com/shops/gravelymaccabre

              tv show clip samples at
              http://www.veoh.com/channels/castleblood

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 20, 2013
                I had to phone to book my room. But only because I could not remember which
                e-mail address I use for the Starwood group of hotels. I was sad that the
                club floor rooms were gone. Is there anyway on getting notified if one opens
                up?

                Henry W. Osier
                Chicago TARDIS Masquerade Director