Re: Con Photography, a Modest Proposal

  • ARD
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2013
      I think that asking the con photographer to bring professional equipment
      for a shoot is something akin to expecting the stage tech crew to bring
      their own equipment for the masquerade. Yeah, some tech crew do bring
      their own equipment, but most cons rent. And maybe the person running
      the hospitality suite brings some plates and utensils from home, but
      most of it's paid for by the con. Why shouldn't photography be part of
      the masquerade expense? Or a separate department if they do more than
      the masquerade?

      What were the arrangements for CC31? The photographer (Don Searle) was
      mostly in the dealers' room doing green screen photos when not doing the
      masquerade.

      It is now clear that the Krell** never invented an internet.
      Because if they had, they would have known about that id problem.

      **The Krell: the super-beings from the movie 'Forbidden Planet'
      who destroyed themselves overnight after linking their minds to the
      nearly unlimited energy source that powered their civilization and
      unleashing the dark id lurking beneath their vast intellects.
      - - Anne Davenport - - - - - - - - - - kjaneway@... - -