Darkover Keepers Robe

  • becky_demonja
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24 7:59 AM
      Hi Everyone-

      I'm hoping someone here can help me. I need to make a Keepers robe from the Darkover books by World Con.I need as much detail as I can find. Can anyone tell me where to look on the Web or which book it might be in. I have all the books but no time to get them unboxed and reread them.

      Thanks - Becky Demonja
    • Elaine Mami
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24 7:04 PM
        Becky,
        I can't remember where they are first described. I've had mine for over 20 years. It's deep red wool, with a sort-of Mandarin collar (embroidered in a darker red). There is a frog closure, also red, at the neck. The sleeves are large, but not so large that they drape, and reach almost to my fingers. My headpiece is heavy red lace with a drapey hand, and it covers my head & face completely. There's a circlet of red wool at the center, to which I've sewn a hair clip, to keep it in place.
        I made it with the help of Ma Elms.
        Good luck, and take pictures!
        Elaine Mami