Re: [ICG-D] New Lifetime Achievement Award, President's Award recipients

  • Eric Brine
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2013
      Congrats to all the winners!

      Three notes:

      - The title of Dawn's page <
      http://www.costume.org/lifetime/mckechnie.html> is "Penny Lipman (2012)".
      - The title of Tina Connell's page <
      http://www.costume.org/lifetime/tinaconnell.html> is "Penny Lipman
      (2012)".
      - The photo used for Dawn <http://www.costume.org/lifetime/mckechnie.html>
      is mine. In case you care, I relinquish any Copyright on it.

      - Eric

    • Philip Gust
      Message 2 of 5 , May 20, 2013
        Hi Eric,

        First, thanks for the corrections about the title. As you can imagine, it's easier to clone and edit an existing page, and I missed changing the title tags. I've corrected them.

        Second, we do care about crediting the photographer and securing permission to use a photo in advance. In this case, suitable photos of Dawn were near impossible to find by her own admission, and we were sworn to secrecy, so asking asking around wasn't possible.

        We found the original photo here:

        http://www.adaelis.com/misc/temp/Pumpkin%20Dawn%20on%20Stage.jpg

        We tried our darnedest to locate the photographer. Unfortunately, the main page of the web site was is much empty, and we weren't able to trace "adaelis" so the trail went cold at that point.

        With time growing short before the presentation on Saturday, we had to hope that who ever took it would eventually step forward and grant permission to use it. We acknowledge you as the copyright holder, and very much appreciate you granting ICG permission to use your photo to honor Dawn. I have added a photo credit for you to the LAA main page.

        If you would also be willing to allow us to add the photo to the ICG Gallery, please send a note to the ICG Gallery administrator (gallery-admin@...) with information about the event, year, and any other information to create metadata tags. If you have a higher res image, I know that he'd appreciate having it for the archive.

        Kiindest regards,

        Philip Gust

        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Eric Brine <ikegami@...> wrote:

        > Congrats to all the winners!
        >
        > Three notes:
        >
        > - The title of Dawn's page <
        > http://www.costume.org/lifetime/mckechnie.html> is "Penny Lipman (2012)".
        > - The title of Tina Connell's page <
        > http://www.costume.org/lifetime/tinaconnell.html> is "Penny Lipman
        > (2012)".
        > - The photo used for Dawn <http://www.costume.org/lifetime/mckechnie.html>
        > is mine. In case you care, I relinquish any Copyright on it.
        >
        > - Eric

      • Eric Brine
        Message 3 of 5 , May 20, 2013
          On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Philip Gust <gust@...> wrote:

          > Second, we do care about crediting the photographer and securing
          > permission to use a photo in advance.

          I did not intend to sound snarky (but boy did it come out sounding that
          way). In fact, I was trying to convey that I had absolutely no problems
          with the use of the picture. I just presumed you got it from someone who
          knew it wasn't a problem, and I just wanted to make it official for you.
          (It's official notification I didn't know if you cared about.) Sorry for
          conveying the wrong impression if I did.

          > We tried our darnedest to locate the photographer. Unfortunately, the main
          > page of the web site was is much empty, and we weren't able to trace
          > "adaelis" so the trail went cold at that point.

          (By the way, the WHOIS database contains contact information for each
          domain's owner, in case you ever need to track that down in the future.)

          If you would also be willing to allow us to add the photo to the ICG
          > Gallery, please send a note to the ICG Gallery administrator (
          > gallery-admin@...) with information about the event, year, and
          > any other information to create metadata tags. If you have a higher res
          > image, I know that he'd appreciate having it for the archive.

          I'll see if I can dig up the original. For now: Permission granted, Fan
          Expo masquerade, probably 2005 (judging by the file's timestamp, should be
          easy to confirm from the use of the Canadian Idol stage). The other person
          in the picture (as some will recognise) is Gord Rose (MCing).

        • Philip Gust
          Message 4 of 5 , May 21, 2013
            --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Eric Brine <ikegami@...> wrote:

            > On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Philip Gust <gust@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Second, we do care about crediting the photographer and securing
            > > permission to use a photo in advance.
            >

            > I did not intend to sound snarky (but boy did it come out sounding that
            > way). In fact, I was trying to convey that I had absolutely no problems
            > with the use of the picture. I just presumed you got it from someone who
            > knew it wasn't a problem, and I just wanted to make it official for you.
            > (It's official notification I didn't know if you cared about.) Sorry for
            > conveying the wrong impression if I did.

            No problem, Eric, I didn't take it that way.

            > > We tried our darnedest to locate the photographer. Unfortunately, the main
            > > page of the web site was is much empty, and we weren't able to trace
            > > "adaelis" so the trail went cold at that point.
            > >

            > (By the way, the WHOIS database contains contact information for each
            > domain's owner, in case you ever need to track that down in the future.)

            We tried that, but the WHOIS record was singularly unhelpful:

            Domain Name: ADAELIS.COM

            Registrant:
            Person
            Clarwood Dr
            Quispamsis, NB E2E4K2
            CA

            > If you would also be willing to allow us to add the photo to the ICG
            > > Gallery, please send a note to the ICG Gallery administrator (
            > > gallery-admin@...) with information about the event, year, and
            > > any other information to create metadata tags. If you have a higher res
            > > image, I know that he'd appreciate having it for the archive.
            > >

            > I'll see if I can dig up the original. For now: Permission granted, Fan
            > Expo masquerade, probably 2005 (judging by the file's timestamp, should be
            > easy to confirm from the use of the Canadian Idol stage). The other person
            > in the picture (as some will recognise) is Gord Rose (MCing).

            Thanks for permission to add it to the ICG Gallery. I'll pass this info on to our Gallery administrator. If you do find the original, please let him or me know.