ICG videos for DragonCon TV?

  • ARD
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2013
      So, perhaps the ICG should approach DragonCon for using their videos on
      DragonCon-TV? DragonCon is a huge costuming event (by quantity) in
      Atlanta that sucks up the resources for five hotels, a connected mall
      food court and now separate exhibition space for the dealers every Labor
      Day. They also have their own video program running in the convention
      hotels. http://web.dragoncontv.com/

      I do not know if they require the videos to be DragonCon related or not,
      but it might be nice to let them know that people have been costuming
      for long time with some of these.......

      Spotlight on...The Work of Kathy Sanders
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YAzlUZ-eXg

      "15 Costumers You Should Know" trailer
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFAFnP6OIGU

      The Costumes of Jon & Joni Stopa
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJcO7SGFDH8

      I like the black-on-white text format, but I wish the font size was bigger.

      It is now clear that the Krell** never invented an internet.
      Because if they had, they would have known about that id problem.

      **The Krell: the super-beings from the movie 'Forbidden Planet'
      who destroyed themselves overnight after linking their minds to the
      nearly unlimited energy source that powered their civilization and
      unleashing the dark id lurking beneath their vast intellects.
      - - Anne Davenport - - - - - - - - - - kjaneway@... - -
    • Nora & Bruce Mai
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2013
        That's an interesting idea. I suspect they don't take other material, but
        it can't hurt to ask.

        As for the text formatting, the videos have been, until recently, produced
        for viewing in a Road Show setting where they're being projected up on a
        wall or screen. But given the amount of material soon to be uploaded to the
        Channel, I will certainly take your comment into consideration for future
        productions.

        Bruce

        "Our Hobby - Our History"
        Assistant Archivist, Pat & Peggy Kennedy Memorial Library
        IC Gallery Admin