Re: [ICG-D] Re: Let's go back to 1972...

  • Martin Gear
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2013
      Let us not forget that at the 1983 WorldCon we had a "flesh eating
      zombie" who managed to drip raspberry jam on the stage thus creating the
      "No peanut butter or jelly rule."
      Marty
      On 2/26/2013 11:29 PM, ARD wrote:

      > Thanks for posting that Andrew! Wow, the Turd unmasked at last.
      >
      > That is costuming history.
      >
      > On 2/26/2013 10:39 AM, ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > 7. Let's go back to 1972...
      > > Posted by: "Andrew Trembley"attrembl@...
      > <mailto:attrembl%40bovil.com> attrembl
      > > Date: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 am ((PST))
      > >
      > > ...and the most infamous Rotsler's Rule of all. Scott Shaw! (yes,
      > the bang
      > > is required) recorded his story of "The Turd."
      > >
      > > http://file770.com/?p=11769
      > >
      > > Please note Mike Glyer's comments about factual inaccuracies near
      > the end
      > > before viewing.
      > >
      > > andy
      >
      > --

      > It is now clear that the Krell** never invented an internet.
      > Because if they had, they would have known about that id problem.
      >
      > **The Krell: the super-beings from the movie 'Forbidden Planet'
      > who destroyed themselves overnight after linking their minds to the
      > nearly unlimited energy source that powered their civilization and
      > unleashing the dark id lurking beneath their vast intellects.
      > - - Anne Davenport - - - - - - - - - - kjaneway@...
      > <mailto:kjaneway%40earthlink.net> - -
    • Andrew Trembley
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
        On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM, ARD <kjaneway@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for posting that Andrew! Wow, the Turd unmasked at last.

        It wasn't a secret as much as it was just forgotten. Mike Resnick and Milt
        Stevens both wrote about it in fanzines that are now available online.
        Their reports lacked some detail, like Scott's identity.

        A very young Ed Green followed him in the run order, he's still active in
        LA (not in costume fandom, but in LASFS and LA convention running). Ed's a
        friend of mine and he filled me in on a bit of the story. And Hugo Award
        Winning Fan Artist Mo Starkey (Chris Garcia says that's a perpetual and
        required title for her now) was Scott's girlfriend many years ago. She
        filled me in on a bit more of the story.

        Really, the only part of the story that's not corroborated is the pipes
        exploding, and several people who were involved in the '72 concom have
        confirmed that's a fabrication.

        andy

      • Nora & Bruce Mai
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
          I'd seen his name in our records, and was aware that it was the same as the
          anthropomorphic comic artist I knew of, but only now had that confirmed.
          We'll have to post this on the Facebook page and the A-List.

          Bruce