Science Fiction and Costuming

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013
      Two of my favorite interests - science fiction and costuming. For those into science fiction, check out the link for films that you might want to see. Chris Garcia, this should pique your interest if you haven't seen these films before.

      For those into costuming and millinery work, a whole lot of resources and inspiration to refer to. Some of it looks absolutely fun, and they won't have been done to death, since they're not in the mainstream vocabulary.

      Yes, the link works.

      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: Carolly Hauksdottir <hauksdottir@...>
      > Date: February 22, 2013 5:26:46 AM PST
      >

      > While scanning a set of images from obscure foreign SF films, this caught my eye.
      >
      > Hat-makers on Mars must have had an exciting job. I could reference the Mad Hatter's difficulties with the Red Queen, but I'm quite positive that Queen Aelita is nowhere near as temperamental. ;^)
      >
      > http://io9.com/5985554/classic-european-scifi-movies-you-probably-havent-seen-+-but-you-should
      >
      > I'm almost tempted to hunt down a couple of these for sf costuming ideas from a different perspective.

      Until later--

      Carole Parker

    • JoAnn Abbott
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
        Carole- I saw Reptilicus in the 4th grade at school for one of their free
        Saturday films, and it scared the snot out of me back then. When they dug
        up the heart and it started >beating<!!! Creepy. I still remember the fear,
        even though I saw it again years later and laughed at the cheesy SFX

        JoAnn

        Two of my favorite interests - science fiction and costuming. For those into
        science fiction, check out the link for films that you might want to see.
        Chris Garcia, this should pique your interest if you haven't seen these
        films before.

        For those into costuming and millinery work, a whole lot of resources and
        inspiration to refer to. Some of it looks absolutely fun, and they won't
        have been done to death, since they're not in the mainstream vocabulary.

        Yes, the link works.

        Begin forwarded message:

        > From: Carolly Hauksdottir hauksdottir@...
        <mailto:hauksdottir%40earthlink.net> >