RE: [ICG-D] Fashion Horror Show

  • Trudy Leonard
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
      Gives a whole new meaning to "Knife-edge pleats".

      Trudy

      To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
      From: marg1066@...
      Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:19:08 +0000
      Subject: [ICG-D] Fashion Horror Show

      Which is your favorite?

      http://io9.com/5984791/blood-is-the-new-black-at-this-deranged-horror+themed-fashion-show

    • JoAnn Abbott
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
        I love and want (and probably should be locked up in)the fur straight
        jacket, the rain coat and especially the beaded bleeding slashes dress!
        Zombie chic!

        JoAnn in VA
      • ma0902432
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
          When I did Lizzie Borden as a H istorical recreation, I made the dress
          and added carefully calculated blood stains to the Left side of the skirt
          and the Left sleeve, using a combination of types of transparent squeeze
          paint, then beaded some areas of the stains, especially on the sleeve, to
          make it look like blood congealed into drops hanging off. I also did the
          edge of the axe with beaded blood drops as well. It took a few hours of
          experiementing to get the right combinations, but it did lookpretty
          cool.

          Yours in costuming,L isa A

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
            It was very effective on stage, too -- especially the axe.

            Byron

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
              I want the black and red beaded/sequined skeleton gown, and the body
              to wear it!!

              Sandy

              At 11:50 PM 2/19/2013, you wrote:

              >I love and want (and probably should be locked up in)the fur straight
              >jacket, the rain coat and especially the beaded bleeding slashes dress!
              >Zombie chic!
              >
              >JoAnn in VA

              "Those Who Fail to Learn History
              Why They Are Simply Doomed."

              -- C. Y. 4971

              Andromeda
            • JoAnn Abbott
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
                I think a majority of the ICG ladies would like to have a body like
                that.although, even when younger and thinner mine never looked like that
                anyway!