RE: [ICG-D] Fashion Horror Show

  • Lay, Toni (DDC)
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
      I liked the knife dress, the corset & skirt with the sequin slashes, and the black bodysuit with the skeleton in red sequins.

      Toni

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
        Gives a whole new meaning to "Knife-edge pleats".

        Trudy

        To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
        From: marg1066@...
        Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:19:08 +0000

        Which is your favorite?

        http://io9.com/5984791/blood-is-the-new-black-at-this-deranged-horror+themed-fashion-show

      • JoAnn Abbott
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
          I love and want (and probably should be locked up in)the fur straight
          jacket, the rain coat and especially the beaded bleeding slashes dress!
          Zombie chic!

          JoAnn in VA
        • ma0902432
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
            When I did Lizzie Borden as a H istorical recreation, I made the dress
            and added carefully calculated blood stains to the Left side of the skirt
            and the Left sleeve, using a combination of types of transparent squeeze
            paint, then beaded some areas of the stains, especially on the sleeve, to
            make it look like blood congealed into drops hanging off. I also did the
            edge of the axe with beaded blood drops as well. It took a few hours of
            experiementing to get the right combinations, but it did lookpretty
            cool.

            Yours in costuming,L isa A

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
              It was very effective on stage, too -- especially the axe.

              Byron

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
                I want the black and red beaded/sequined skeleton gown, and the body
                to wear it!!

                Sandy

                At 11:50 PM 2/19/2013, you wrote:

                >I love and want (and probably should be locked up in)the fur straight
                >jacket, the rain coat and especially the beaded bleeding slashes dress!
                >Zombie chic!
                >
                >JoAnn in VA

                "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                -- C. Y. 4971

                Andromeda
              • JoAnn Abbott
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
                  I think a majority of the ICG ladies would like to have a body like
                  that.although, even when younger and thinner mine never looked like that
                  anyway!