Re: [ICG-D] Fashion Horror Show

  • K. R. McClure
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hard to say what my favorite is, but I  may be swiping a few ideas...

      Kate McClure
      Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
        I liked the knife dress, the corset & skirt with the sequin slashes, and the black bodysuit with the skeleton in red sequins.

        Toni

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
          Gives a whole new meaning to "Knife-edge pleats".

          Trudy

          To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
          From: marg1066@...
          Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:19:08 +0000

          Which is your favorite?

          http://io9.com/5984791/blood-is-the-new-black-at-this-deranged-horror+themed-fashion-show

        • JoAnn Abbott
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 19, 2013
            I love and want (and probably should be locked up in)the fur straight
            jacket, the rain coat and especially the beaded bleeding slashes dress!
            Zombie chic!

            JoAnn in VA
          • ma0902432
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
              When I did Lizzie Borden as a H istorical recreation, I made the dress
              and added carefully calculated blood stains to the Left side of the skirt
              and the Left sleeve, using a combination of types of transparent squeeze
              paint, then beaded some areas of the stains, especially on the sleeve, to
              make it look like blood congealed into drops hanging off. I also did the
              edge of the axe with beaded blood drops as well. It took a few hours of
              experiementing to get the right combinations, but it did lookpretty
              cool.

              Yours in costuming,L isa A

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
                It was very effective on stage, too -- especially the axe.

                Byron

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
                  I want the black and red beaded/sequined skeleton gown, and the body
                  to wear it!!

                  Sandy

                  At 11:50 PM 2/19/2013, you wrote:

                  >I love and want (and probably should be locked up in)the fur straight
                  >jacket, the rain coat and especially the beaded bleeding slashes dress!
                  >Zombie chic!
                  >
                  >JoAnn in VA

                  "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                  Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                  -- C. Y. 4971

                  Andromeda
                • JoAnn Abbott
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 20, 2013
                    I think a majority of the ICG ladies would like to have a body like
                    that.although, even when younger and thinner mine never looked like that
                    anyway!