RE: [ICG-D] RIP Underdog Creator

  • Lay, Toni (DDC)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
      YES, sort of. Years ago a woman named Susan Muldowney put on a cape and called herself Underdog in honor of the canine superhero, but it wasn't really a costume in the mascot sense of the word.

      Toni

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
        Joe Harris, the artist who created Underdog, Tenessee Tuxedo, Klondike Cat
        and the Trix rabbit (who was born the same year I was, 1959, which I think
        is TOTALLY cool) was the guest of honor at Anthrocon in 2009. During the
        masquerade a group did an UnderDog skit, complete with a person dressed as
        underdog, and a couple of furries in the other parts. Using a very stern
        eagle as Simon Bar Sinister was pretty effective. Here is a video of just
        Underdog coming out to wave and say hi to his "daddy", Joe.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXBGcVEUTko

        JoAnn in VA