Thanks for another successful Costume Walkabout!

  • costumewalkabout
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18 6:34 PM
      The Son of the Sheik Silent Film Costume Walkabout at Copley Hall was a
      wonderful success! I wish to thank all the beautiful attired and
      walkers and to ZARIA for providing beautiful entertainment to the
      Symphony patrons!

      I also wanted to let all walkers know of the upcoming events scheduled
      for the summer Symphony Pops (www.sandiegosymphony.org
      <http://www.sandiegosymphony.org/> ) in which Costume Walkabouts are
      currently being considered:

      Saturday, July 13th - A Saturday Night Fever Costume Walkabout! The
      Symphony will be plahing the Music of the Bee Gees and more importantly
      . . . the must of Saturday Night Fever! So break out those platform
      shoes, bell bottoms and hot pants!

      Thursday, July 18th - This is also the official opening day of
      ComiCon!!! The Symphony Pops will be presenting the music of FINAL
      FANTASY! This is an evening event that is ALWAYS a sellout. So there
      will be NO COSTUME WALKABOUT . . . but I was thinking it might also be a
      GREAT opportunity to hold a Steampunk meetup for those steamers that
      cannot get into ComiCon, but would LOVE to meetup with Steamers outside
      those hallowed walls. You think?

      Saturday, August 17th - Tentative - The event is CIRQUE MUSICA. I
      understand that there will be circus acts on stage during the symphony
      performance . . . a Costume Walkabout would be circus-themed attire
      (maybe even turn-of-the-century attire?). Will keep you posted.

      If the 17th is not a walkabout . . . the next potential theme would be
      Sunday, August 18th - PIXAR IN CONCERT. The Symphony will be performing
      ALL the music from various PIXAR movies - I see costumes!

      Saturday or Sunday, August 31st or Sept. 1st - 1812 Tchaikovsky
      Spectacular! This is the closing ceremonies of the Summer Pops series.
      Cannons are shot off, fireworks . . . this would be a great end of the
      season Costume Walkabout (ABSOLUTELY TURN OF THE CENTURY and STEAMPUNK
      ATTIRE).

      The Costume Walkabout website (www.costumewalkabout.com
      <http://www.costumewalkabout.com/> ) will be updated and RSVP notices
      will be posted.