RIP Underdog Creator

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2013
      http://news.msn.com/obits/underdog-cartoon-co-creator-william-watts-biggers-dies-1

      Has anyone done an Underdog costume? It would be nice to have a memorial costume group doing it.

    • Lay, Toni (DDC)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
        YES, sort of. Years ago a woman named Susan Muldowney put on a cape and called herself Underdog in honor of the canine superhero, but it wasn't really a costume in the mascot sense of the word.

        Toni

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
          Joe Harris, the artist who created Underdog, Tenessee Tuxedo, Klondike Cat
          and the Trix rabbit (who was born the same year I was, 1959, which I think
          is TOTALLY cool) was the guest of honor at Anthrocon in 2009. During the
          masquerade a group did an UnderDog skit, complete with a person dressed as
          underdog, and a couple of furries in the other parts. Using a very stern
          eagle as Simon Bar Sinister was pretty effective. Here is a video of just
          Underdog coming out to wave and say hi to his "daddy", Joe.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXBGcVEUTko

          JoAnn in VA