Stitches West - Santa Clara, CA

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      President's Day weekend, February 22-24, 2013
      Santa Clara Convention Center
      Santa Clara, CA

      While aimed mostly at those who crochet and knit, they have a few
      classes for those interested in weaving. Even though I don't knit or
      crochet, I still take a day to wander around the Expo space because I
      get inspired by what I see. The colors are incredible, and they have
      books available. I've found some books there that I haven't found
      anywhere else. It is definitely worth at least an afternoon if now a
      whole day there. Wear your walking/padded shoes because you have lots
      of cement to traverse.

      For those with mobility problems, the aisles are wide, but if you have
      a walker or wheelchair, you'll probably want to bring them.

      For more information:
      http://www.knittinguniverse.com/latest_newsletter/xrxinsider_v13i4.html

      Yes, I know that President's Day weekend is already stuffed with a
      bunch of events. If you're local, though, it's worth taking some time
      out for it if you can.