Re: [ICG-D] 1920's women's clothing or patterns

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
      I can think of a source very quickly:

      Lost Coast Patterns, Janet Canning (Greater Bay Area Costumers' Guild,
      but not an ICG chapter, based in Northern California)
      http://www.lostcoastpatternsco.com/

      If one of these can't come up with something, they should be able to
      point you to a source.

      On Jan 31, 2013, at 4:25 PM, Martin Gear wrote:

      > A friend's niece is getting married in October and wants to have a
      > 1920's themed wedding. Does anyone know of either a good place to find
      > repro dresses or patterns? Would probably need both "flapper" and
      > "mature" garments. Any help will be appreciated.
      > Marty
    • Cat D
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
        Don't forget Dover books (though remember to compare their prices, sales and discount against Amazon) Best place to purchase varies.

        For the full list...
        http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-antiques--collecting-costume--textiles.html

        Dover offers reprints. They're not on great paper, but they are a great deal. Most are just black and white. The Dover listings have links to previews in google so you can get an idea of each book. (When cross checking prices on Amazon... you've got options for Kindle (though the ddisplays may not be clean), some used, and sometimes extra listings of the originals that may have a different binding.

        1920s Fashions from B. Altman & Company
        http://store.doverpublications.com/0486402932.html

        Authentic French Fashions of the Twenties: 413 Costume Designs from "L'Art Et La Mode"
        http://store.doverpublications.com/0486261875.html

        Classic French Fashions of the Twenties
        http://store.doverpublications.com/0486489434.html

        And don't forget Sears Catalogue (though most of these are abridged versions)
        Everyday Fashions of the Twenties as Pictured in Sears and Other Catalogs
        http://store.doverpublications.com/0486241343.html

        And, if you need something more visual in colors, and less expensive... Don't forget about their paper doll series. (Actually they're fab for any era you just want a sample for, and don't want to spend much money.). The drawing are taken from authentic items. The artist keeps the lines clear, though sometimes must simplify.

        Great Fashion Designs of the Twenties Paper Dolls
        http://store.doverpublications.com/0486244822.html

        Art Deco Fashions Paper Dolls
        http://store.doverpublications.com/048644158x.html

        -Cat-