Re: Man Box

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2012
      At 09:38 PM 12/1/2012, you wrote:

      More specifically, a desk valet. Probably just an extension of the
      valet's designed for your suit.

      Pierre

      > I have seen them referred to as a valet.
      >
      >Kevin
      >
      >Sent from my iPhone
      >
      >On Dec 1, 2012, at 4:04 PM,
      >"<mailto:randwhit%40aol.com>randwhit@..."
      ><<mailto:randwhit%40aol.com>randwhit@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Here's a conversation/argument starter:
      > >
      > > I have a wood and glass box where I keep my man-jewelry like watches, tie
      > > bars, cuff links, lapel pins, pen & pencil set, etc.
      > >
      > > Is there a special name for a gentleman's accessory box? Jewelry box is
      > > accurate, but you'd think there would be a more masculine-sounding term.
      > >
      > > Randall

      "Those Who Fail to Learn History
      Why They Are Simply Doomed."

      -- C. Y. 4971

    • Barb Schofield
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
        Looking where they sell them, cataloges refer to them as:

        1959 = jewelry case
        1972 = jewel box, valet or night valet
        1979 = jewel box, organizer box, and dresser valet
        1983 = valet
        1988 = valet
        2012 = valet and jewelry case

        The site "WishbookWeb.Com" has calaloges starting in 1933 and is an ongoing project to archive vintage Christmas Cataloges.  Great place to look up vintage items.

        Barb