Re: [ICG-D] Re: Costume-Con Ribbons and Awards

  • Kevin Roche
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 13, 2012
      I think we set a set of the CC26 ribbons to the Fan Archive. DId
      anyone else do the same?

      Kevin

      Sent from my iPad

      On Nov 13, 2012, at 9:20 AM, "bruno@..."
      <bruno@...> wrote:

      > That could make a cool display at a future CC is anyone has all of the
      > ribbons.
      >
      > Bruno
      >

      > On 2012-11-12 19:19, Nora wrote:
      >> Don't know of such a repository but I could take pics of the ones I
      >> have. Would that help?
      >>
      >> Nora
      >>
      >> --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, "Kaijugal ." <kaijugal@...> wrote:
      >>>

      >>> Hello fellow Costume-Con enthusiasts!
      >>>
      >>> Does anybody know if there is a repository somewhere with photos
      >> of the award ribbons/trophies/awards etc,
      >>> from Costume-Cons of previous years?
      >>>
      >>> If not does anybody personally have some photos of this nature
      >> they would be willing to share?
      >>>
      >>> ~Dawn McKechnie

    • Trudy Leonard

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 13, 2012
          Taking pictures of the awards is always a good idea. The BRCG makes unique ribbons to hand out as hall costume awards, but the first year, we forgot to photograph them.

          Kate McClure
          Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

          ________________________________

           To: icg-d@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 13, 2012
            I have plenty of leftover ribbons from CC28, I can send a set out for
            archival purposes-- just say where! --Jennifer

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 13, 2012
              Yes, you did - they're currently residing at our house.

              P & S

              At 11:55 AM 11/13/2012, you wrote:

              >I think we set a set of the CC26 ribbons to the Fan Archive. DId
              >anyone else do the same?
              >
              >Kevin
              >
              >Sent from my iPad
              >
              >On Nov 13, 2012, at 9:20 AM,
              >"<mailto:bruno%40soulmasque.com>bruno@..."
              ><<mailto:bruno%40soulmasque.com>bruno@...> wrote:
              >
              > > That could make a cool display at a future CC is anyone has all of the
              > > ribbons.
              > >
              > > Bruno
              > >

              > > On 2012-11-12 19:19, Nora wrote:
              > >> Don't know of such a repository but I could take pics of the ones I
              > >> have. Would that help?
              > >>
              > >> Nora
              > >>
              > >> --- In <mailto:ICG-D%40yahoogroups.com>ICG-D@yahoogroups.com,

              > >> of the award ribbons/trophies/awards etc,

              > >> they would be willing to share?

              "Those Who Fail to Learn History
              Why They Are Simply Doomed."

              -- C. Y. 4971

            • K. R. McClure
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 25, 2012
                If you don't need them anymore, I would be happy to take them!

                Will you need postage money?

                Kate McClure
                Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

                ________________________________
                I have plenty of leftover ribbons from CC28, I can send a set out for
                archival purposes-- just say where! --Jennifer

                On 11/13/2012 3:13 PM, K. R. McClure wrote:

                > Taking pictures of the awards is always a good idea. The BRCG makes
                > unique ribbons to hand out as hall costume awards, but the first year,
                > we forgot to photograph them.
                >
                > Kate McClure
                > Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.
                >

                > ________________________________
                >

                > I think I still have ribbons from CC22, unless I finally threw the
                > leftovers out. I would be happy to send you some. Trudy
                >
                > To: mailto:icg-d%40yahoogroups.com <mailto:icg-d%40yahoogroups.com>
                > From: mailto:kaijugal%40hotmail.com <mailto:kaijugal%40hotmail.com>
                > Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:53:45 -0500
                > Subject: [ICG-D] Costume-Con Ribbons and Awards
                >
                > Hello fellow Costume-Con enthusiasts!
                >
                > Does anybody know if there is a repository somewhere with photos of
                > the award ribbons/trophies/awards etc,
                >
                > from Costume-Cons of previous years?
                >
                > If not does anybody personally have some photos of this nature they
                > would be willing to share?
                >
                > ~Dawn McKechnie

              • Denise Winter
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30, 2012
                  Important! The location for the Victorian and Edwardian Vintage Clothing/Fabric/Accessory Sale Event has changed. The new location is very near by in Arvada at a residence.

                  Saturday, December 1, from 10 a.m. to 2ish p.m. Address: 5309 Allison Street, Arvada 80002

                  Kari will be selling off her Victorian and Edwardian clothing
                  collection and all accessories.

                  Denise will be selling bolt fabric at great prices  (54" wools at
                  $6-7.00 yd and Linens 54" for $5 yd - great time to get fabrics
                  for cloaks and petticoats) and Hat Frames and Patterns. Hat Frames
                  are limited and will go for $29.50 per hat (or less) that includes
                  cover pattern (normally a $41 value). If you want to reserve a
                  specific hat style, I will hold it for you till 11:00Am on Dec 1.
                  Contact me prior to the sale at dnwinter@... - Patterns will be sold at a much lower price than online. www.periodhats.com

                  Hope to see you there! Please bring cash!

                  Below is a list of items that Kari will be selling:

                  I am no longer using the major portion of my vintage clothing and
                  would like to make the items available to individuals who share
                  the same interest and appreciation of vintage items as I have and
                  that can perhaps use them for events they attend.  All sale items
                  are cash only and final sale.  Following is a list of the items
                  that I will have available:

                  Never used "Truly Victorian" dress patterns
                  Misc. sewing books
                  Vintage Ostrich plumes - mostly black, a few colors
                  Vintage jewelry
                  Vintage shoes - lace ups and buttoned
                  A vintage olive green silk bustle outfit from approximately 1870
                  (Great to display with the dress form and Top Hat - also for
                  sale!)
                  A very stylish vintage, navy blue, wool ladies walking suit from
                  approximately 1905
                  A vintage black silk "suffragette" walking suit in excellent condition
                  Vintage hat pins
                  Gloves
                  Jet beading trim and motifs from vintage gowns  - great to use for
                  embellishments on existing evening gowns!
                  A vintage white cotton summer dress from approximately 1914
                  A non-vintage dress form
                  Vintage fans (including a "funeral fan" from 1890)
                  A vintage jet - beaded purse in wonderful condition!
                  A charming little upholstered antique chair
                  A ladies antique silk top hat (great with bustle dresses!) in a
                  vintage leather top hat box
                  Vintage umbrellas (they will need work - the handles are pretty
                  much what you would be buying them for)
                  A hat and several vintage pieces that are better used as study
                  pieces or patterns only
                  Vintage petticoats (one being a "pregnancy petticoat" )

                  And finally, I am selling my walking suit that I designed and made
                  based on a vintage 1890's pattern I had purchased.  It is a size 8
                  and is absolutely complete and ready to go for your next event!
                  It includes the slip, petticoat, "bloomers", corset, corset cover,
                  silk under blouse, bum roll, jacket, over skirt, parasol, gloves,
                  purse, purse clip that attaches to waistband of the skirt, fan,
                  and jewelry.  The matching hat, with coordinated hatpins, is 'la
                  piece de resistance', with its feathers standing 20" in height!  A
                  real attention getter!  The outfit's fabrics consist of velvet,
                  silk, satin, and brocade.  The colors are burgundy, rose, pink,
                  and copper beading trim throughout.  Every piece of the outfit
                  coordinates wonderfully and all accessories match (pictures upon
                  request).  I've received numerous compliments every time I have
                  worn this outfit!

                • Lisa Ashton
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 1, 2012
                    I don't live in your area (I am from Maryland) but I am very interested in Victorian clothing, accfessories and artifacts, as well as photos. I am starting a collection I am calling "Miss Lzzy's Traveling Historical Fashion Show" that will be taken cons and events and set up for exhibit, so people and costumers can see close-up and personal how clothing was made and worn. I have loads of photos and am working on sorting and scanning them. I would LOVE to have beaded pieces, (although I alreayd have a vintage beaded collection), I have no Victorian shoes or hats in the collection yet, and undergarments and busteles would be fantastic.
                    Feel free to email me offlist if there is anything left or with prices. I'm not rich, but I love having these things and am trying to create an integrated exhibit to show.
                    Yours in costuming, Lisa A
                    lisa58@...