Costume Books Online

  • Aurora Celeste
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2012
      The Met has put up some of their out-of-print books online to read for
      free. I've put up a list of the ones of interest to costumers on my blog:

      http://www.dramaticthreads.com/2012/10/the-metropolitan-museum-of-art-library.html

      ~Aurora

    • celefinniel
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2012
        Thanks for the find! I added a link to the Met "clothing" titles in the Silicon Web Vintage and Online Sewing and Costuming Books collection, so we will have more than one archival link to them.
        http://www.siwcostumers.org/res_vintbooks.html

        Kathe

        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Aurora Celeste <auroraceleste@...> wrote:

        > The Met has put up some of their out-of-print books online to read for
        > free. I've put up a list of the ones of interest to costumers on my blog:
        >
        > http://www.dramaticthreads.com/2012/10/the-metropolitan-museum-of-art-library.html
        >
        > ~Aurora

      • Barb Schofield
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2012
          Thanks for this.  I'm fortunate in having several of these books in my collection, and it's great that the books are available to read on-line.  Wonderful resource.  I have forwarded your info on to some costuming friends.

          Barb