CSA Western Region event in November

  • thecostumersmanifesto
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2012
      I've been asked to forward this information about a cool Costume Society of America event in Northern California

      "Dear CSA Members and Guests,

      Mark your calenders! On November 10, 2012, we have a wonderful day planned at the de Saisett Museum at Santa Clara University. Elise Rousseau, CSA-WR Board member and Textile Conservator,will be speaker and be our gallery guide for the program. Elise has a broad base of knowledge of the museum's artifacts as she was formerly the guest curator and helped to re-design and interpret the Pre-Contact, Mission Period and Early California Permanent Collection History Galleries.

      Our program will begin with a tour of the galleries including, a special exhibition of selected vestments: Mission Vestments from the Permanent Collection. After our tour Elise will give a presentation on her extensive work with these vestments. She will discuss how these 17th and 18th century vestments demonstrate a range of styles and purposes as well as fabric and production origins.

      The registration deadline is Nov 1, 2012 - please download the registration form and further information at http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com/RegionV/event_workshop_sym.htm and register now. Feel free to spread the word to interested friends and colleagues!

      FYI- This will be our final program for 2012. 2013 will begin with a program at the Fowler at UCLA in the Spring.

      Questions? Contact me directly at marygibsonWRCSA@.... Please do NOT hit reply to this e-mail as it will go around the world before it gets to me.

      Mary Gibson
      CSA-WR Programs Chair and President Elect
      marygibsonWRCSA@... "