Fwd: [TheCostumersManifesto] Fw: CSA event de Saisett Museum Vestments Nov 10

  • Susan Toker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Tara Maginnis <thecostumersmanifesto@...>
      Date: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM
      Subject: [TheCostumersManifesto] Fw: CSA event de Saisett Museum Vestments
      Nov 10
      To: CostumersManifesto eGroup <thecostumersmanifesto@yahoogroups.com>, "
      gbacgcostumers@yahoogroups.com" <gbacgcostumers@yahoogroups.com>,
      costumetravel yahoo group <costumetravel@yahoogroups.com>

      **

      I've been asked to forward this information about a cool Costume Society of
      America event in Northern California

      Dear CSA Members and Guests,

      Mark your calenders! On November 10, 2012, we have a wonderful day planned
      at the de Saisett Museum at Santa Clara University. Elise
      Rousseau, CSA-WR Board member and Textile Conservator,will be speaker
      and be our gallery guide for the program. Elise has a broad base of
      knowledge of the
      museum’s artifacts as she was formerly the guest curator and helped to
      re-design and interpret the Pre-Contact, Mission Period and
      Early California Permanent Collection History Galleries.

      Our program will begin with a tour of the galleries including, a special
      exhibition of selected vestments: Mission Vestments from the Permanent
      Collection.
      After our tour Elise will give a presentation on her extensive work with
      these vestments. She will discuss how these 17th and 18th century
      vestments demonstrate a range of styles and purposes as well as fabric
      and production origins.

      The registration deadline is Nov 1, 2012 - please download the registration
      form and further information at
      http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com/RegionV/event_workshop_sym.htm and
      register now. Feel free to spread the word to interested friends and
      colleagues!

      FYI- This will be our final program for 2012. 2013 will begin with a
      program at the Fowler at UCLA in the Spring.
      Questions? Contact me directly at marygibsonWRCSA@.... Please do NOT
      hit reply to this e-mail as it will go around the world before it gets to
      me.

      Mary Gibson
      CSA-WR Programs Chair and President ElectmarygibsonWRCSA@...