Appointment of

  • Philip Gust
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2012
      The ICG Standing Rules name several standing committees whose members
      are appointed by the ICG President, including:

      Budget and Finance
      Communications and Public Relations
      Publications
      Technology and the Web

      I'm pleased to announce the appointment of three members to the ICG
      Budget and Finance Committee: ICG Treasurer Jeanine Swick, GEL
      Administrator and past ICG Treasurer Bruce MacDermott, and ICG member
      Margaret Decker. All three have experience in finance and accounting.
      Bruce will serve as committee chair for the next year. Please join me in
      thanking Jeanine, Bruce and Margaret for serving ICG in this role.

      The Budget and Finance Committee sets financial policies for ICG in
      accordance with generally accepted accounting practices, reviews the
      Treasurer's budget and quarterly financial statements before their
      submission to the Board, and reviews and endorses the Treasurer's annual
      financial report prior to its publication.

      Although Chapter budgets and finance do not fall under the Budget and
      Finance Committee, the Committee encourages Chapters to create budgets
      and adopt sound financial practices, and will offer advice and
      assistance to Chapters who want it. Chapter treasurers are welcome to
      participate in Budget and Finance discussions through the 'ICG-Finance'
      Yahoo group. You can contact the Budget and Finance Committee at:
      icg-financecommittee@....

      I will announce appointments to the other committees over the next
      several weeks.

      --
      Philip Gust
      President, International Costumers' Guild
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012
        I am please to announce the appointment of seven members to the ICG Technology and Web Committee:

        Ann Catelli (ICG-D and ICG-BOD administrator)
        Philip Gust (acting Webmaster)
        Bruce Mai (Gallery Administrator)
        Patrick O'Connor
        Carole Parker (Assistant Webmaster)
        Pierre Pettinger (Archivist)
        Susan Toker (Assistant Webmaster)

        The Archivist, Gallery Administrator, Webmaster, and Newsletter Editor are permanent members. The Newsletter Editor will become a member once the position is filled. I am serving as the acting Webmaster, and will also be the committee chair temporarily (any member may serve as chair).

        The Technology and Web Committee is a standing committee whose role is to promote and enable the use of online technologies and social media within the ICG. Although Chapter websites and uses of social media do not fall under the Technology and Web Committee, the Committee encourages Chapters to establish websites and use social media, and will offer advice and assistance to Chapters who want it. Chapter Webmasters are welcome to participate in committee discussions.

        Please join me in thanking these members for serving ICG in this capacity. Each brings a unique talent to the Committee. Thanks also to Kevin Roche and Andy Trembly for taking on a short-term project for the Committee to evaluate alternatives to our Yahoo Groups, such as Google Plus, in light of Yahoo's uncertainty about the long-term direction of Yahoo Groups.

        You can send comments and questions to the ICG Technology and Web Committee at icg-techcommittee@.... Please continue reporting technical issues to the webmaster at webmaster@....