Archival identification

  • Nora & Bruce Mai
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 11, 2012
      Anybody know who this is? You'd think there'd be a record of it..

      http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3062

      Bruce

      "Our Hobby - Our History"

      Assistant Archivist, Pat & Peggy Kennedy Memorial Library

      IC Gallery Admin

    • Betsy Marks Delaney
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 11, 2012
        Some CCs were better documented than others. IIRC, this goes back to when
        Pierre was creating run lists by listening to the video. If the name was
        garbled, or not said by the MC (it happened), we didn't know who it was.

        We didn't start begging for run list info until well after CC13, and it was
        a struggle almost every time for the first 5 years after that. Heck, the
        Costume-ConNections web site didn't exist until almost CC16!

        CC13 was Toronto. Any Canadians want to ring in here?

        Thanks!

        Betsy

        On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Nora & Bruce Mai <casamai@...>wrote:

        > Anybody know who this is? You'd think there'd be a record of it..
        >

        > http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3062
        >

        > Bruce

        Betsy Marks Delaney

        http://www.hawkeswood.com/

      • Gordon Rose
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 11, 2012
          I don't recall who this was. She wasn't one of the regular crowd here in
          T.O. as far as I remember.

          And I don't think I was even the host for the fashion show ... so I'm
          drawing a complete blank on this one.

          Gord

        • Lisa Ashton
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 11, 2012
            I'm pretty sure this woman's name was Lisa...something--and I remember, that although she wasn't a CC regular for years, there were a few CC's around that time that she attended. I'm at work now, but I"ll go home and see if I have some photos of her in the photo albums. And maybe they are even identified...
            Yorus in cosutmign, Lisa A

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 11, 2012
              She looks vaguely familiar to me; however, I can't really say who she is. For CC 13's FFS, Toni Lay was the MC and Cat Devereaux was the workmanship judge. Either of them might know.

              Byron

              On Jul 11, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Gordon Rose wrote:

              > I don't recall who this was. She wasn't one of the regular crowd here in
              > T.O. as far as I remember.
              >
              > And I don't think I was even the host for the fashion show ... so I'm
              > drawing a complete blank on this one.
              >
              > Gord

            • Nora & Bruce Mai
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 11, 2012
                Amazing - and yet she won an award....

                (Puzzled) Bruce

                <casamai@...>wrote:

                > Anybody know who this is? You'd think there'd be a record of it..
                >

                > http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3062
                >

                > Bruce

                Betsy Marks Delaney

                http://www.hawkeswood.com/

              • Betsy Marks Delaney
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 11, 2012
                  The show director *might* still have the records, but I wouldn't count on
                  it.

                  Betsy

                  On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Nora & Bruce Mai <casamai@...>wrote:

                  > Amazing - and yet she won an award....
                  >
                  > (Puzzled) Bruce

                  Betsy Marks Delaney

                  http://www.hawkeswood.com/

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 12, 2012
                    It's killing me; I went and looked up all my old CC13 photos, and I
                    Actually have a photo of her in this dress, only she holding a bouquet of
                    white lilies. I remember talking to her even, and she was quite an
                    interesting lady who had gotten into costuming by a rather circuitous
                    route. But of course, being an idiot, did I think to put names and dates
                    onthe back of my phtoos? Nosirreeeeee.

                    Yours in cosutmign,Lisa A

                    On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 06:22:29 -0500 "Nora & Bruce Mai"
                    <casamai@...> writes:
                    > Anybody know who this is? You'd think there'd be a record of it..
                    >

                    > http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3062
                    >

                    > Bruce
                    >

                    > "Our Hobby - Our History"
                    >
                    > Assistant Archivist, Pat & Peggy Kennedy Memorial Library
                    >
                    > IC Gallery Admin
                    >
                    > http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php

                  • Nora & Bruce Mai
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 15, 2012
                      Listening to the CC13 video, the first name is "Sharon", I believe. The
                      last time was a bit tricky for Cat, but it sounds like "Torgosa"(?)

                      <casamai@...>wrote:

                      > Anybody know who this is? You'd think there'd be a record of it..
                      >

                      > http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3062

                      > Bruce
                    • Lisa Ashton
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 15, 2012
                        It may be Torregrossa or Torregrosso. That sounds right. I mentioned previously, there were a few CC's during that period, that she attended, because I definitely remember her from at least one other.
                        Yours in cosutmign, Lisa A

                        <casamai@...>wrote:

                        > Anybody know who this is? You'd think there'd be a record of it..
                        >

                        > http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3062

                        > Bruce

                      • Jill Eastlake
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 15, 2012
                          Hi,

                          I'm going through my records, which include the CC18 registrations...

                          I have a Sharon Taubenfeld entered in December 1999 and a Sharon Landrum
                          entered in January 2000....

                          It's conceivable she's one of those two.

                          Jill

                        • Lisa Ashton
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 15, 2012
                            Definitely NOT Sharon Landrum--she's one of our Maryland costumers that I know well. I really think it was Torregrossa.
                            Yours in cosutmign, Lisa A

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 17, 2012
                              That seems right as it matches the info here: http://ftp.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3266
                              and it looks like the same girl

                              ~Dawn

                              To: ICG-D@yahoogroups.com
                              From: casamai@...
                              Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 14:17:02 -0500

                              <casamai@...>wrote:

                              > Anybody know who this is? You'd think there'd be a record of it..

                              > http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3062

                              > Bruce

                            • Betsy Marks Delaney
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 17, 2012