About the July-August issue of the ICG Newsletter

  • Philip Gust
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2012
      Dear ICG members and chapter representatives,

      I want to say a few words about the July-August issue and the ICG
      Newsletter in general.

      This issue came out on the heels of the May-June issue for several
      reasons. First, the May-June issue was later than normal. Outgoing
      newsletter editor Patrick O'Connor worked very hard to include coverage
      of the Costume-Con 30 masquerades and exhibits. Pulling all of the
      results and photos together and laying them out takes time, and I
      congratulate Patrick on the results.

      Second, while we recruit Patrick's successor (more on this shortly),
      Publications Committee members are taking turns as "guest editors."
      July-August issue guest editor Carole Parker, wanted issues to be
      published at the beginning rather than the end of the publication
      period, and the Publications Committee agreed to this. As a result, the
      July-August issue came out on June 30th.

      We're also encouraging guest editors to experiment with new ideas for
      the newsletter. Carole's issue looks different than past issues, and
      she's trying out a new name on the masthead: "The International
      Costumer." The permanent newsletter editor will decide what changes to
      actually go with. The Publications Committee wants your feedback and
      suggestions. You can post them to this list, or send them to
      icg-pubscommittee@....

      Did I mention that we're looking for the next newsletter editor? If you
      enjoy the art of editing and layout, and like to communicate with fellow
      costumers, this position is for you! Did you work on your high school
      newspaper or yearbook? Have you edited a PTA or other non-profit
      newsletter? Can you use Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or a similar
      program? Congratulations -- you qualify!

      It takes as little as a few hours per month to plan articles,
      communicate with authors, and edit and lay out issues. You'll be on the
      ICG Publications Committee and have the support and help of fellow
      committee members. The ICG Newsletter is an important membership
      benefit. What a great way to meet your fellow ICG members!

      Please consider this a personal invitation to contact me or any other
      member of the ICG Publications Committee to learn more. Chapter
      representatives, please alert your members about this opportunity.

      --
      Philip Gust
      President