Dress U

  • Aurora Celeste
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 22, 2012
      Looking for roomies for Dress U! I'd rather go 4 to a room, but I'm up for
      less if 4 can't be found. Let me know if you need a roomie too!

      ~Aurora

    • Devra
      Message 2 of 9 , May 31, 2012
        Just a quick reminder that Dress U is this weekend, outside of Philly. Hope to see a lot of friends there.

        Devra, the evil book merchant

      • JoAnn Abbott
        Message 3 of 9 , May 31, 2012
          Where and when? I didn't feel well enough to go to Balticon this year (and
          you wouldn't have wanted what I brought home from Costume Con anyway). All
          better now. Want BOOKS!

          JoAnn in VA

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
            It's this weekend, in Malvern, PA. The Web site is at:

            www.dressu2012.com/MainPage.html

            Byron

            On Jun 1, 2012, at 1:47 AM, JoAnn Abbott wrote:

            > Where and when? I didn't feel well enough to go to Balticon this year (and
            > you wouldn't have wanted what I brought home from Costume Con anyway). All
            > better now. Want BOOKS!
            >
            > JoAnn in VA

          • Kaijugal .
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
              More beautiful shots of the contestants on stage, and judges for anyone who cares to look.
              http://eleventhphotograph.com/events/an-2012-masquerade/

            • Kaijugal .
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
                Three pages of nice photos thanks to Mike at Eleventhphotography!

                http://eleventhphotograph.com/events/anime-north-2012/

              • Kaijugal .
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2, 2012
                  Nice coverage of AN in Macleans, (which is a Canadian magazine like TIME, ect.)
                  Go Costumers! :) And thanks to Irwin! :)

                  http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/01/anime-north-where-fantasy-gets-real/

                  "As for the pull of it all, the engine behind Anime North�s double-digit
                  annual growth,
                  it pretty much comes down to the cosplay for the
                  convention chair. More than half
                  the attendees, not just those babies in
                  strollers, come dressed as characters from
                  shows or comics or, often
                  enough, as concepts inspired by anime. Some of that is
                  �showing
                  off�those costumes take a lot of work and ingenuity,� says Tan, �and
                  part is the sense of community they help invoke. We have workshops on
                  improving
                  your costume, and people will often simply stop and give you
                  advice. We�re very close-knit.�

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
                    At 10:09 PM 6/1/2012, you wrote:

                    Can he be persuaded to donate these to the Archives?

                    Pierre

                    >More beautiful shots of the contestants on stage, and judges for
                    >anyone who cares to look.
                    ><http://eleventhphotograph.com/events/an-2012-masquerade/>http://eleventhphotograph.com/events/an-2012-masquerade/

                    "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                    Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                    -- C. Y. 4971

                  • Aurora Celeste
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 16, 2012
                      Dress U is taking submissions for classes next year:

                      http://www.dressu2012.com/teachreg.htm