Re: The fine line ?

    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 31, 2011
      Sandy and I ran the masquerade at ConJose where the Amazon Elder
      competed. She had apparently asked Tom Whitmore if she should compete
      and he directed her to us. We told her we did not have a problem with
      such a costume and she should compete it.

      We had intended to have a warning read by John Hertz, the MC.
      Unfortunately, it fell by the wayside in the flurry of the rehearsals.

      A woman did complain to us after the convention. Essentially she was
      offended that she had to explain a mastectomy to her child. We were
      sympathetic, but the costume was, we believed, tasteful. She not only
      won an award from the judges (Judge's Choice for Courage) but also
      was the First Runner Up Audience Choice winner.

      Most of you know that I (Pierre) am quite politically and morally
      conservative. While something like Thor's Wife doesn't offend me it
      does puzzle me since there doesn't seem to be any point except to be
      naked. If exposed flesh is appropriate to the costume, then we don't
      believe it violates no costume and we certainly aren't offended by it.

      P&S

      "Those Who Fail to Learn History
      Why They Are Simply Doomed."

      -- C. Y. 4971

      Andromeda
    • Linda Peterson
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2011
        No breast was showing so not a problem! Linda

        mirhaxa@...