RE: [ICG-D] General questions for those of you who attend costume con

  • Elaine Mami
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011

      > >1. What days and how late do you expect the consuite to be open?
      >
      > All con days - at least midnight - maybe later after the evening
      > competitions. Last night - dead dog party - not so late.

      *CC 30's will open Thursday night, informally, until midnight-ish. Fri, Sat, & Sun until about 2 a.m. Monday for the dead dog until midnight-ish again. It will close for all major events. All breakfast/brunches and late parties are available for sponsorship.

      > >2. Monday programming. How important is it?
      >
      > Very important.

      *Agreed. At least until early afternoon.

      > >3. Tours, do you prefer them Thrusdays or Mondays?
      >
      > Both. Mostly Thursday, because of Monday programming.

      *Also agreed. We (CC 30) are working on both options, plus possibly Wed. and Tues., if anyone expresses an interest. Some folks just want to extend their trip into a full vacation.

      Elaine Mami
      Chair, CC 30
      & regular CC attendee/worker bee

    • CC2010Milw@cs.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
        In a message dated 8/6/2011 5:45:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
        ICG-D@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > Posted by: "Kaijugal ." kaijugal@... kaijugal
        >
        > Sat Aug 6, 2011 3:01 am (PDT)
        >
        > 1. What days and how late do you expect the consuite to be open?
        >
        > 2. Monday programming. How important is it?
        >
        > 3. Tours, do you prefer them Thrusdays or Mondays?
        >
        > I look forward to your replies.
        >
        > ~Dawn

        1) Thursday night through Monday night.

        2) Its nice if there is some.

        3) Both and either.

        Henry W Osier
        ACG President

      • Dave Kanoy
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 7, 2011
          1. What days and how late do you expect the consuite to be open?
          Thursday evening to pick up badges.  Each other night until 1am to 2 depending
          on how late contests ran.  Closed during major events (Masq., Hist. Masq., etc.)

          2. Monday programming. How important is it?
          Critical.  It's been my experience that the dealer room at CC packs up and
          leaves Sunday.  There are no competitions.  People are retrieving their exhibit
          items and doll contest entries.  Without programming, that just leaves the
          hospitality suite.  That's not much of a 4th day for what is supposed to be a 4
          day con.

          3. Tours, do you prefer them Thrusdays or Mondays?  Both days are good, but of
          the two, I prefer Thursday, as I would like to attend some of the Monday
          programming.

          Later,

          Dave Kanoy

        • Lay, Toni
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 8, 2011
            ________________________________

            1. What days and how late do you expect the consuite to be open?

            It depends upon whether or not I've had my afternoon nap.

            2. Monday programming. How important is it?

            If I'm staying until Tuesday, important. If I'm leaving on Monday, not
            at all.

            3. Tours, do you prefer them Thrusdays or Mondays?

            Thursdays, when I have lots of energy.

            I look forward to your replies.

            ~Dawn

          • Andrew Trembley
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 8, 2011
              On Aug 6, 2011, at 3:01 AM, Kaijugal . wrote:
              > 1. What days and how late do you expect the consuite to be open?

              Thursday night before the con opens, for pre-reg pick-up and travelers to socialize.
              Friday, Saturday and Sunday except during masquerades and fashion show
              Monday until the end of the dead dog party.

              If you have groups or organizations "hosting" make sure you have a representative from them to work with your consuite staff, and discuss the schedule and/or schedule changes with them in advance.

              > 2. Monday programming. How important is it?

              Important. Otherwise the con ends when the historical masquerade ends, and that's bad for the people who have burned their whole weekend competing in historical with nothing to look forward to when it's done.

              > 3. Tours, do you prefer them Thrusdays or Mondays?

              Thursdays. People are more likely to come in a day early and take advantage of them than stay late.

              andy
            • mp_cosplay
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 8, 2011
                I don't think I'd ever seen anyone share this on here though I've seen quite a few 18th century costumes lately, and I've been drooling over them a lot since I've my own costume from the period in mind...

                http://www.american-duchess.com/shoes-18th-century

                PreOrders Close August 10 and they're expensive but that doesn't stop me from wishing.
              • Genie
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 11, 2011
                  What Dave said,

                  if Monday is thin on programming, then tours, or sightseeing of some kind.

                  SLCG has become known for planning their own fun when nothing is available on Monday. But, if we can find things why can't the con?

                  Just sayin'
                  Genie,