Re: [ICG-D] Big Westercon News

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 6, 2011
      The Baptistown city limits are like the LA city limits -- expandable!

      Byron

      On Jul 6, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Andrew Trembley wrote:

      > On 7/5/2011 4:55 PM, Byron Connell wrote:
      > > You could hold it in Baptistown!
      > That's the one rule that isn't nullified when site selection fails and
      > is sent to the business meeting. It still has to be west of 104 degrees
      > west (within North America or Australia) on the globe.
      >
      > andy

    • Nora
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 6, 2011
        I've never thought of Baptistown as a geographic location, more like a state of mind.

        Nora
        --- In ICG-D@yahoogroups.com, Byron Connell <byronpconnell@...> wrote:

        > The Baptistown city limits are like the LA city limits -- expandable!
        >
        > Byron
        >

        > On Jul 6, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Andrew Trembley wrote:
        >
        > > On 7/5/2011 4:55 PM, Byron Connell wrote:
        > > > You could hold it in Baptistown!
        > > That's the one rule that isn't nullified when site selection fails and
        > > is sent to the business meeting. It still has to be west of 104 degrees
        > > west (within North America or Australia) on the globe.
        > >
        > > andy
      • ARD
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 13, 2011
          Well, if you really want to get crazy ....... there are some very nice
          hotels in Portland, Oregon that would be great for a Westercon. <g> And
          within walking distance of my sister's house, too. <g><g>

          Really, I'm not surprised that Portland's Westercon was under par since
          they're busy running Renovation from Portland.

          On 7/6/2011 3:53 AM, ICG-D@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > 1a. Big Westercon News
          > Posted by: "Kevin Roche"kevin@... sjleather
          > Date: Mon Jul 4, 2011 9:42 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > Andy and I threw a hoax bid party for "California Olive Country" at
          > Westercon 64 this weekend in San Jose.
          >
          > We did such an effective job that in the regular voting, the write-in
          > votes for our hoax defeated the actual filed bid for Portland in 2013.
          > Under the Westercon bylaws, this meant the decision had to be made at
          > the Sunday business meeting.
          >
          > After 3+ hours of parliamentary exercise, "Olive Country" (aka a
          > committee chaired by Andy and me) was selected by the membership to
          > organize Westercon 66 in 2013.
          >

          > Yes, that's right -- Andy and I are now chairing Westercon in 2 years!
          > We'll let you know when registration opens.
          >
          > (We currently investigating venues in Sacramento; Granzella's
          > Delicatessen in Williams, the site in our hoax, can't actually support a
          > convention)
          >
          > Kevin

          It is now clear that the Krell** never invented an internet.
          Because if they had, they would have known about that id problem.

          **The Krell: the super-beings from the movie 'Forbidden Planet'
          who destroyed themselves overnight after linking their minds to the
          nearly unlimited energy source that powered their civiliation and
          unleashing the dark id lurking beneath their vast intellects.
          - - Anne Davenport - - - - - - - - - - kjaneway@... - -