CA, USA Fwd: Save the date CSA-Western's Fashion at the Getty on August 6, 2011!

  • Heather Vaughan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Costume Society Western Region <csa.western@...>
      Date: Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM
      Subject: Save the date CSA-Western's Fashion at the Getty on August 6, 2011!
      To: csa.western@...

      Dear CSA Members and guests,

      We know you're busy setting your summer schedules, and we want to make sure
      that you have the most current and up-to-date information on our next
      program, *Fashion at the Getty: Paris Life & Luxury and Fashion in the
      Middle Ages*. On August 6, we will gather in Los Angeles for lunch and
      curator-led tours of these two exhibitions at the Getty. *Paris: Life &
      Luxury* examines the everyday activities of a Rococo Parisian town house,
      including dressing. The second exhibition, *Fashion in the Middle Ages*,
      explores the figures depicted in illuminated pages of medieval manuscripts,
      which could be recognized at a glance by the clothing they wore.

      Please watch your email for a forthcoming registration flyer and be sure to
      reserve *AUGUST 6!*
      *
      *
      *If you missed our last program, **Wardrobe as Autobiography: **The Charmian
      London Collection with Jo Ann Stabb on May 14, an overview (with photos) is
      available here: *Historic Costume in California State Parks: Charmian
      London<http://fashionhistorian.net/blog/2011/05/16/historic-costume-in-california-state-parks/>
      *.***

      A quick note: As many of you may have seen, this Sunday, June 4th, at 3 pm,
      the Getty presents "Dressing the Part: Historical Costume in Film." Fashion
      historian Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell and costume designers James
      Acheson (*Dangerous
      Liaisons*) and Deborah Landis (*Indiana Jones*) discuss fashion history and
      its representation in movies. Tickets are free; reserve yours at
      http://tickets.getty.edu/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=1.

      Best,

      Heather Vaughan
      heather.a.vaughan@...

      Program Chair (July 1 2010-June 30 2012)
      Western Region Costume Society of America

      Blog: www.fashionhistorian.net/blog
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/fashionhistoria

      --
      Heather A. Vaughan